• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

MP5 Clone, which is better?

I'm pretty sure Nonliberal Nonliberal said it's not worth suppressing an AK. I'll take his word for it.

It's a lot of work. When all said and done it's not as quiet as one would want.

Yep, pretty much all that stuff. AKs are made loose (most of them) and gas comes out everywhere, lot's of back pressure, etc. Probably about half the noise of an AK comes out the muzzle. I'm no expert, but in my experiences this is what I have seen. Work really hard and pay a lot of money to get sub par results. I did have another smith come in here recently to see if I had some 7.62x39 brass ammo he could get so he could load subs.
Loading your own ammo to demo your silencer is cheating by the way. Of course it's quiet when you have 230 gr lead bullets going 800 fps.

Someone
Yep, pretty much all that stuff. AKs are made loose (most of them) and gas comes out everywhere, lot's of back pressure, etc. Probably about half the noise of an AK comes out the muzzle. I'm no expert, but in my experiences this is what I have seen. Work really hard and pay a lot of money to get sub par results. I did have another smith come in here recently to see if I had some 7.62x39 brass ammo he could get so he could load subs.
Loading your own ammo to demo your silencer is cheating by the way. Of course it's quiet when you have 230 gr lead bullets going 800 fps.

There is a purpose built AK for suppressiom, can't remember who made it but interested to see if they are quieter than normal ones

Is that round going to cycle the action?

Someone

There is a purpose built AK for suppressiom, can't remember who made it but interested to see if they are quieter than normal ones

If it was purpose built (Ive seen them just never touched one) it could be made correctly. Like it was made for that purpose. Same thing with the subs, if it were made to cycle subs it might. Lot's of things don't cycle subs and I would imagine a standard AK wouldn't either. There again, I don't know for sure, never tried.

Someone

If memory serves me correct is was Sinelcerco and Rifle Dynamics. It was a 300 blk krink.

What got me is they didn't even thread the barrel. From the looks of it a US machine gun adapter was used instead. But like non lib, I've never held one.

Back
Top Bottom