• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

MP5 Clone, which is better?

olchevy

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
138   0
Reaction score
Simple guys, here in the next month I'm looking to purchase a MP5 Clone, I have always wanted one since I was a little kid and next month I will have the funding and it may be the last chance for many years that I get to actually buy something I have always wanted.

So both of these are essentially the same price. I am going to SBR and suppress it, so is one better than the other? I have never seen either in person.
I know the video shows different lengths but I'm looking at the length pictured below. I know he has a video of it as well somewhere
image.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't realize the POF in there as well.

I've been researching clones for months now. I just ordered the Atlantic Arms 89K for myself for a couple reasons.

1 - Its US made. No worrying about 922R compliance. I'm going the PDW route and would have had to spend a couple hundred bucks more in US made parts for the compliance.

2 - POF used to, not sure if its still an issue, have poor finishing. They are a little cheaper but likely you'll be taking the savings and getting it refinished.

3 - The MKEs had a serious issue with the sights not being welded on straight as well as other minor issues, but mainly the sights. Zenith's customer service seems to be excellent as everyone that have had the problems have eventually gotten them straighten out, however it has taken as many as 3 tries to get a gun that was as it should have been the first time. This could be a serious issue if you are planning to SBR because if your first one isn't to your liken then you have to send it off, wait for a replacement, etc.

As concerns the suprression, it seems like all of your picks have threading which is good if you dont already have a 3 lug. My gun doesn't have the threading so I'm trying to hunt down an AAC Triad adapter. There is a possible con to that for you though. If you do decide to run the 3 lug you might have clearance issues with the can fitting over the thread protector.

I'd go with the Atlantic Arms reverse stretch if you are not concerned about the original look. You can use all the full-size MP5 stocks, and it's sear ready. If you want original look go with the POF or MKE.

Last edited:
I have had the 89k from atlantic arms for almost a year now and dont regret it at all. I run it with with the ocane 45hd with 3 lug mount and its by far my favorite gun I own. If you are ever on the north side and want to shoot it you are more than welcome to.

Attachments

• 20150122_212245.jpg
    20150122_212245.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 59
I've heard the PoF run great out of the box and the finish has improved, and arn't they also made on HK tooling ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom