• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

MP5 Clone, which is better?

Several people on the HKPro forum have said the SP5K is "definitely" coming out this year, but I wouldn't count on it happening before 41P implementation....if it actually happens at all.

I would love a semi-auto MP5 clone, but I would be kicking myself if I got one of the clones and then HK comes out with an authentic version. Myself, I'm probably going to end up just buying a CZ Scorpion Evo when they produce some more of them, and SBR'ing it before July.

Yes they are but being made on HK tooling doesn't equate to HK quality

I've had HK's and licensed copies going back 25 years. If one laid down an HK MP5 and a MKE Z5R with no markings on either, the differences would be neglible. The "HK quality" standard, IMO, isn't what the internet makes it. The welds are pretty on the Z5, the parts and materials are to HK Spec. The difference is more along the line of the paint job on them over sub par parts. Much of this may just come down to Zeniths influence with MKE to produce firearms that meet US buyer expectations. I'm not suggesting that the MKE's are superior to HK's by any means, but the differences, at this point, are miniscule. Hopefully, MKE will only improve their products and not slacken.

I've had HK's and licensed copies going back 25 years. If one laid down an HK MP5 and a MKE Z5R with no markings on either, the differences would be neglible. The "HK quality" standard, IMO, isn't what the internet makes it. The welds are pretty on the Z5, the parts and materials are to HK Spec. The difference is more along the line of the paint job on them over sub par parts. Much of this may just come down to Zeniths influence with MKE to produce firearms that meet US buyer expectations. I'm not suggesting that the MKE's are superior to HK's by any means, but the differences, at this point, are miniscule. Hopefully, MKE will only improve their products and not slacken.

I can reference a couple of threads where people have sent back their MKEs over various issues, none related to the quality of the welds or the paint. I haven't seen that with Atlantic's guns. I'm not saying that Atlantic is better but the track record that I've seen between both of these guns tell me that you have a higher chance of having to send you MKE back vs the AA.

Also I do you have a reference for the comment about Bailey's brother making the AA guns?

Several people on the HKPro forum have said the SP5K is "definitely" coming out this year, but I wouldn't count on it happening before 41P implementation....if it actually happens at all.

I would love a semi-auto MP5 clone, but I would be kicking myself if I got one of the clones and then HK comes out with an authentic version. Myself, I'm probably going to end up just buying a CZ Scorpion Evo when they produce some more of them, and SBR'ing it before July.

I'm definitely in for more info on this. Links? Despite how good they might be, I can't ever bring myself to paying $1500+ for an HK copy.

Also I do you have a reference for the comment about Bailey's brother making the AA guns?

https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=9&t=449045 References that Getz was using Bailey produced parts and massaging them to work, and...

https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=9&t=399006

and...

In post 6 here http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone-talk/193101-aa-89k-9mm-pistol-atlantic-arms-mfg.html#post1448345 Atlantic states that they are using the same MFGer that builds guns for Getz.

I recall reading that Baileys brother was involved with the AA guns, but I couldn't find the thread. It goes back through my research from July of last year to December, so it's a lot of reading between AR15.com HK board and HK pro clone board, so it's in there somewhere.

And I don't bring up Bailey to dinegrate the AA guns. I trust that they'll take care of any issues. The only thing, and I mean ONLY thing I didn't like about the AA gun when I was shopping was the stainless barrel over a cold hammer forged barrel, and I'll say that's a minor issue in a 9mm. Next time I go shoointg, I'll put my G3 scope on my MKE and shoot a group. I was impressed with the accuracy. When I first bought it, I shot a 5 shot group at around 30-40 yards that was quarter sized. It's not far, or super tight, but it was nice accuracy for a little subgun sized package.

some good pics of an MKE next to an HK MP5K
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone...ent-actual-hk-mp5-k-builds-4.html#post1698705

I can reference a couple of threads where people have sent back their MKEs over various issues, none related to the quality of the welds or the paint. I haven't seen that with Atlantic's guns. I'm not saying that Atlantic is better but the track record that I've seen between both of these guns tell me that you have a higher chance of having to send you MKE back vs the AA.

I have never seen anything definitive on that one. I've seen where people have said AA sources his parts, and AA has neither confirmed or denied it. See posts 19 and 21 here for example. http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone-talk/222062-bought-my-first-h-k-clone-2.html

Don't get me wrong. I like MKE and if I couldn't have gotten the Atlantic I would have gotten the MKE. Their guns run great and the customer service is good but I have heard in the past people have had to send their guns back multiple times. That's not good for someone trying to file a Form 1 before 41F

Don't get me wrong. I like MKE and if I couldn't have gotten the Atlantic I would have gotten the MKE. Their guns run great and the customer service is good but I have heard in the past people have had to send their guns back multiple times. That's not good for someone trying to file a Form 1 before 41F

Just trying to make yourself feel better about the AA :boink:

Back
Top Bottom