• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

MP5 Clone, which is better?

Lol. Nah. I didn't want to have to switch out a bunch of parts to SBR it. And I wasn't quite sure about the threading on the barrel

Yeah, I've researched it enough to know that if I decide to do it, I'd just go the cheaper route with the POF now that I've seen one in the wild. Does anyone have an SBR'd EVO and an SBR'd MP5 clone?

I work at the international section of the F-Ramp at the airport in Atlanta, and saw a APD officer walking around with a true UMP45 (surprised me they had them) and it got me thinking how much I wanted one of those as well. How much did the whole build/conversion end up costing you?

PM sent.

Also on the UMP conversion. You don't have to do it all at once. Just find a USC then go ahead and file the SBR paperwork. When time and funds permit you can do the rest for the conversion.

It's old technology. The MP5 is antiquated relatively speaking. I'd get an MPX if you're looking for a 9mm SMG or the UMP if you want to go with the 45.

It's old technology. The MP5 is antiquated relatively speaking. I'd get an MPX if you're looking for a 9mm SMG or the UMP if you want to go with the 45.

One more plus for the ump is that once you have one, you have them all. Changing between 9, 40 and 45 only require swapping out barrel, bolt and mag. The down side is its expensive to get going and the USC is no longer being imported. So finding one is a bit of a task.

Back
Top Bottom