• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LGS that has lost my busniess forever

No I do understand about how they deal with distributors and so on and they get what they can take. I know they have a ha store front and over head and so on. I get that stores do raise prices here and there. I have seen it and heard it all before and I have even helped out some of the LGS's for discount on certain things they have had in stock from time to time as I have a lot of time where I am not doing anything anyways.

This store has gradually gone up on their prices in the past couple of years and it hasn't been due to the covid mess and stuff. They go to all of the gun shows in GA and even to shows down in FL and that is where they tend to make most of their money. The take have taken all of the good stuff to the shows and i have been in the store on a weekend where some people come a nd are looking to drop three to four to five grand on toy's and ammo and stuff but there are no good stuff in the store because they took all of it to the shows.

I have went in a couple of times in the past expecting to spend a couple thousand and have been told that the things i am looking for were packed up on the truck and they couldn't go get it out of the truck because they were taking it to the show. I would just shake my head and leave but I would find it at another store in town and a a couple hundred cheaper.

The other store I have been going to more regularly and that has always treated me great and gave me really good deals is always out of stuff due to the awesome deals they have and they are always trying to screw people over. I just went by there today today to see if they had what i might have been looking for and of course they did but I was not going to pay what they were asking for a 308 rifle which was totally insane.

Surprisingly I've had Stores here and in Macon actually give me a price break. Not much but something is better than nothing. I've brought in these stores before but not often. One store I visit fairly frequently wouldn't budge so needless to say if this gun thing blows over I wont be seeing them very often any more.

I'm not 100% sure but from what I've "been told" it is fairly difficult to rely on just gun sales to keep a business running. Most have some other main or secondary source of income. Pawn, Clothing, Firing Range ect... If this is true then gouging prices is even worse since guns aren't required to function they are just a supplement income.

The shop is probably buying the ammo when they can and the price it is selling for either from a vendor or individual. Then doing whatever mark up it to cover the cost for them to keep the doors open on their shop. They are trying to stay in business and meet their customers' needs.

Surprisingly I've had Stores here and in Macon actually give me a price break. Not much but something is better than nothing. I've brought in these stores before but not often. One store I visit fairly frequently wouldn't budge so needless to say if this gun thing blows over I wont be seeing them very often any more.

I'm not 100% sure but from what I've "been told" it is fairly difficult to rely on just gun sales to keep a business running. Most have some other main or secondary source of income. Pawn, Clothing, Firing Range ect... If this is true then gouging prices is even worse since guns aren't required to function they are just a supplement income.

You buy a lot of clothes at your LGS?
"Guns aren't required to function they are just a supplemental income" (It is a GUN SHOP - it's usually in the name somewhere.)

cmon man.png

Whole lotta talkin' out the ass going on in this thread. Run a retail business for a little while before you spew dreck out of your pie holes. I get mad at LGS that DON'T raise their prices to market levels. I feel like they don't understand what is happening.

Whole lotta talkin' out the ass going on in this thread. Run a retail business for a little while before you spew dreck out of your pie holes. I get mad at LGS that DON'T raise their prices to market levels. I feel like they don't understand what is happening.

Look, either you cut us a deal on primers or you need to leave. Enough of this profiteering rabble rousing on here. You are going to make us storm the capitol again!

From what I have been told over the years is that it is tough to make a living in a Mom & Pop LGS. I think that most are doing the best they can just to stay in business, much less make a decent living.

Look, either you cut us a deal on primers or you need to leave. Enough of this profiteering rabble rousing on here. You are going to make us storm the capitol again!

for real tho, imagine if he did a giveaway on one of those boxes.........he’d be a ****ing legend, an idiot, but still a legend

The business theory is , roughly as I recall “that I need to sell based upon replenishment cost plus profit”. Now before you think , well you bought that cheaper, yes perhaps I did. However if I sell at September prices and buy new stock , if I can get it, at January prices....then the market suddenly becomes flooded and prices crater I have very expensive inventory that I either lose money on or sit on which means losing money.
Profit my friends is not a bad word.

Back
Top Bottom