• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LGS that has lost my busniess forever

You sure about that?

They sell guns. And they are 15 mins away - that qualifies for me!
But I buy more from Cherokee gun and Big Woods Goods than I ever have at Academy. Wish the LGS in Jasper didn't get kinda price crazy on stuff (in general and not talking about the current covid shortage)

large retailers went up about $2-5 a box. A $10 box of 9mm is now around $14. I highly doubt that ammo went from $14 to $55 a box for a regular gun store. Same for guns. Doubt manufactures decided to charge retailers and extra 20% markup globally. Its a buying spree and they are going to milk you like a fat heifer

“I mean like I totally understand economics and supply and demand, but like really I don’t have a clue about economics, supply and demand or how small businesses survive in this market. I just assume that employees take voluntary pay cuts, landlords suspend rent, and utilities are subsidized for local gun shops out of kindness and generosity due to slow or depleted inventory.”

Does this sum up pretty much every other post lately?

Capture+_2021-01-21-19-09-36-1.png

No I do understand about how they deal with distributors and so on and they get what they can take. I know they have a ha store front and over head and so on. I get that stores do raise prices here and there. I have seen it and heard it all before and I have even helped out some of the LGS's for discount on certain things they have had in stock from time to time as I have a lot of time where I am not doing anything anyways.

This store has gradually gone up on their prices in the past couple of years and it hasn't been due to the covid mess and stuff. They go to all of the gun shows in GA and even to shows down in FL and that is where they tend to make most of their money. The take have taken all of the good stuff to the shows and i have been in the store on a weekend where some people come a nd are looking to drop three to four to five grand on toy's and ammo and stuff but there are no good stuff in the store because they took all of it to the shows.

I have went in a couple of times in the past expecting to spend a couple thousand and have been told that the things i am looking for were packed up on the truck and they couldn't go get it out of the truck because they were taking it to the show. I would just shake my head and leave but I would find it at another store in town and a a couple hundred cheaper.

The other store I have been going to more regularly and that has always treated me great and gave me really good deals is always out of stuff due to the awesome deals they have and they are always trying to screw people over. I just went by there today today to see if they had what i might have been looking for and of course they did but I was not going to pay what they were asking for a 308 rifle which was totally insane.

Back
Top Bottom