• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LGS that has lost my busniess forever

I had a FTF sale today with a fellow ODT member this morning. We met up and did our transaction and stood around talked a little bit more. After we got done with all of that I headed back to town but decided to stop by a LGS I frequent quite a bit here.

Well I went in and started looking around and I could not believe the prices I was seeing on what these guy's had on the wall's and in the cabinets. I am talking about the gun prices and then the prices on just stuff like mag's and other accessories and of course the cheap name brand other stuff.

What really floored me was the prices on the ammo he had. I asked about it as they didn't have any pf the 9mm, 40, 45, single boxes of 5.56 ammo priced. When I was told the prices I just couldn't believe what I was hearing and no they were not budging on the prices at all. They would not even budge for someone like me that has done plenty of business with the through the years.

I'm talking prices on 870's starting at like &800 plus, Clock mag's $30 plus, 9mm ammo starting at $80 for 50 rounds and federal HST's $100 for 50 rounds and so on with the stupid prices.
i have a buddy with a LGS. he just passed on green tip from a vendor. it was 1.75 per round,wholesale.
so before you get sideways understand two things.
1 a LGS does not have the buying power of places like Acadamy,walmart,and bass pro.
2 understand they are buying at much higher prices and are not making the same profit as when is was .40 per round.
you had all the time in the world to buy when it was cheap,dont get mad when prices go up. just remember this next time around....
also
whats a clock mag:becky:

You sure about that?

absolutely, i doubt they make much profit on the guns themselves. Hell the one in Hiram price matched and beat used gun at Dawsonville Gun's price by 10% on a S&W revolver. If you watch the counters most people buy clothes and athletic stuff. Now if the kiddo's sports don't comeback to normal soon, they might be in trouble. I'm 100% for sure i've spent more on my son's baseball stuff there than on gun stuff. That **** is expensive.

Back
Top Bottom