• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

LGS that has lost my busniess forever

Some special orders we place are taking up to a month to fill. Others take a couple days. Some have back stock others are being produced. However, our prices stayed relatively the same and stuff does eventually come in.
I don't recall toilet paper going from $20 a bundle to $120 or water from $5 to 50. Demand vs gouging are a bit different don't you agree?

Guess I don't understand economics. If your inventory use to set for weeks before it sold then, all of a sudden absolutely everything you had sold in a month then, you receive a trickle of inventory that sell out as soon as you put it on the shelf won't keep your lights on? I understand some inflated cost but can't figure out how my math is off when it requires a $500 gun to sell for $1100 and a $14 box of ammo to sell for $60.
I don't buy into the covid excuse. I've not seen bread go up to $10 or rayban eyeglass coming from Italy go up to $3000
You also don’t see people lined up 1/4 mile to get into the store selling Italian sunglasses. It’s simple supply and demand .

Help me understand.

People get mad at "flippers." These horrific people go wait in line for hours, buy a couple boxes of ammo that are "cheap" so that they can sell it for a profit, and thus there is no ammo on the shelves for those that "need" the ammo do to those couple boxes that this demon purchased. (We will of course ignore the millions of new gun owners and the unprepared and dumb who never really bought ammo and are actually the ones stripping supply.) So **** these guys. We hate these guys. They are gougers. They are the scum of the earth.

When a gun shop is paying more for ammo, doesn't know when or how much they will get in in the future, and thus increases their prices to stay afloat and keep ammo on the shelves for those that "need" it and ward off the "flippers," we say **** those guys as well. Fail to see that they actually have ammo on the shelf that you can purchase today, with no wait, and no luck of the draw for being the first in line for when Academy gets a shipment of 10 boxes of ammo.

Then we have the god-awful "hoarders." Don't even get me started on these asshats! They knew what was coming, bought more than a few range trips worth of ammo when prices were low and manufacturers were deeply discounting ammo and running promotions. These guys and gals also had the nerve to tell other folks that these times were quickly approaching and that other folks needed to buy more ammo instead of their 13th sub-$500 AR POS that they never shoot anyways. But they were labeled as conspiracy theorists and had TDS. They bought while the getting was good, and may have some ammo to spare, so they offer ammo out of their personal stash for those that truly have a need for it, with a price attached. Yeah, **** these guys! They bought ammo when supply was taking forever to move and sitting in warehouses, and when manufacturers were practically giving their product away at cost. **** these guys! They are clearly the problem and the reason we have no ammo for cheap!

Then we have the god-awful "hoarders." Don't even get me started on these asshats! They knew what was coming, bought more than a few range trips worth of ammo when prices were low and manufacturers were deeply discounting ammo and running promotions. These guys and gals also had the nerve to tell other folks that these times were quickly approaching and that other folks needed to buy more ammo instead of their 13th sub-$500 AR POS that they never shoot anyways. But they were labeled as conspiracy theorists and had TDS. They bought while the getting was good, and may have some ammo to spare, so they offer ammo out of their personal stash for those that truly have a need for it, with a price attached. Yeah, **** these guys! They bought ammo when supply was taking forever to move and sitting in warehouses, and when manufacturers were practically giving their product away at cost. **** these guys! They are clearly the problem and the reason we have no ammo for cheap!

HEY, !!

I resemble that remark. :hat:

Help me understand.

People get mad at "flippers." These horrific people go wait in line for hours, buy a couple boxes of ammo that are "cheap" so that they can sell it for a profit, and thus there is no ammo on the shelves for those that "need" the ammo do to those couple boxes that this demon purchased. (We will of course ignore the millions of new gun owners and the unprepared and dumb who never really bought ammo and are actually the ones stripping supply.) So **** these guys. We hate these guys. They are gougers. They are the scum of the earth.

When a gun shop is paying more for ammo, doesn't know when or how much they will get in in the future, and thus increases their prices to stay afloat and keep ammo on the shelves for those that "need" it and ward off the "flippers," we say **** those guys as well. Fail to see that they actually have ammo on the shelf that you can purchase today, with no wait, and no luck of the draw for being the first in line for when Academy gets a shipment of 10 boxes of ammo.

Ammo manufacturers aren't raising their prices. And yes, some stores have kept their prices the same as before. So when someone, who might be a new gunowner and genuinely needs the ammo, gets off work and goes over to Academy, they find bare shelves because the flippers got there first. They got there first so they could make a quick buck off other people in a time of crisis. You're right...they should have planned better and all that. So I guess that justifies using them as a means to satisfy your greed.

Maybe you can sleep just fine doing that. I know that, in any time of crisis, there will be people who have no problem putting their greed ahead of the needs of their fellow human beings. That's not a surprise, obviously. I just do find it sad.

But what do I know about morality and ethical behavior?

Ammo manufacturers aren't raising their prices. And yes, some stores have kept their prices the same as before. So when someone, who might be a new gunowner and genuinely needs the ammo, gets off work and goes over to Academy, they find bare shelves because the flippers got there first. They got there first so they could make a quick buck off other people in a time of crisis. You're right...they should have planned better and all that. So I guess that justifies using them as a means to satisfy your greed.

Maybe you can sleep just fine doing that. I know that, in any time of crisis, there will be people who have no problem putting their greed ahead of the needs of their fellow human beings. That's not a surprise, obviously. I just do find it sad.

But what do I know about morality and ethical behavior?
If you really think that "flippers" are the cause of the ammo shortage, you just ain't that smart

Do you want to see the real problem with gun and ammo prices, look in the mirror. Quit complaining you create your own problems, we all create our own problems. Instead of looking to blame somebody else try and correct from within.
giphy (9).gif

If you really think that "flippers" are the cause of the ammo shortage, you just ain't that smart

If you think that's what I'm saying, maybe you're just not that smart, either.

Flippers aren't the cause, no...but they're exploiting the situation and making it just that little bit worse.

Back
Top Bottom