Let's talk about Brandishing.

I saw this coming.. I_have_nothing_to_add.gif

EXACTLY RIGHT. I had a very similar situation in SW Atl/ Zone 3 at the Chevron on the corner of Metropolitan and University (no homeless-by-choice hippies there, just your average drunk crackheads) where the aggressive panhandler was following me across the parking lot. After using my best cop impression telling him to "BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP!" he followed from a distance where he couldn't possibly put his hands on me. I walked to the car at an unaltered pace, locked the doors and VOILA, problem solved. I had my piece on me the whole time, but there was just not a credible threat to my safety. Don't get me wrong, I was jittery, angry, etc., but I just never had a belief of imminent harm that I could credibly explain to a jury.

The only part of the above that I disagree with is (2), the ass-whipping suggestion. I personally would not hand-fight a bum, because I don't want to come out of it the winner of the fight plus a free case of Hep-C. Just my 2 cents on that issue.

Anyway, I would encourage everyone packing heat to really, really think about whether you need to pull out that gun. As many others have said, the moment you need to pull it out should coincide with the moment that someone needs to be shot. Discretion is the better part of valor, gents.

Option 2 was really just for laughs hence the lol.....I dont wanna catch something ajax cant remove either!

It may also get pretty dicey to use hands with a gun on your person. The popular wisdom is that 80% of fights go to the ground at some point... with any sort of grappling, I think you have a decent chance of losing your piece. Just a thought.

I understand that. I'm just saying, my gun is the last resort.

It may also get pretty dicey to use hands with a gun on your person. The popular wisdom is that 80% of fights go to the ground at some point... with any sort of grappling, I think you have a decent chance of losing your piece. Just a thought.
I'm too old, fat, and lazy to fight, not to mention a vp shunt in my brain coupled with a weakened skull from multiple brain surgeries. I'm not fighting anyone. If I can't talk/walk my way out of a confrontation, I'm going to ventilate someone's cranium. Call me a ***** or a ***** all you want, I'm not getting my ass kicked.

Deescalations of situations are critical. Escalating the situation and brandishing gives legal gun owners a bad rep. Just because you have a gun means nothing. I've had many people ask for money, never once did I feel I needed a piece, simply told them I didn't have any. Only time I can recall brandishing was at a stoplight in Atlanta when someone approached my car yelling and hitting.my window at 5:45 am, he saw the MP 45 aimed at him, reconsidered, and fled. I did nothing to escalate it to that level, but I'm not leveling with a possible car jacker. Best advice, please seek immediate training in lawful use of force.

Back
Top Bottom