• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jerk Buyer... your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to end any message before a meet with "so to clarify exactly what am I giving you and what am I getting in return"

But in general yes when someone shows up at a meet and starts haggling about the price after not batting an eyelash at it before the meet it would piss me off.

On Thursday a buyer, with zero feedback contacted me by pm to purchase a firearm that I had listed for sale. He stated that if I still had it on Saturday, he would take it contingent on me meeting him out of town. I followed up with a phone call and marked the item pending. When we met, he said the item was beautiful and just as I had described and said it looked unfired. Then he questions me as to what was the least I would take for the firearm. I told him that I held the firearm with the understanding that he was paying my asking price. He then says, "hope I haven't wasted your time but I'm not willing to pay but X amount which was $75 less than my asking price". Had there been any issues with the firearm, I would have understood his offer but he stuck with the I'm only paying x amount.... I took the deal but would never do business with him again.... I could have possibly sold the gun for my asking price had I not held it for him..... Was he a jerk or not?

This thread should 100% be a sticky thread. Just so A. People learn their lesson from this guy and B. New members can see how to properly conduct a transaction. This is insane to me. I would have left that idiot standing there and gave him a big fat red negative. $75 less!!!!! Come on. 5 or 10 bucks I wouldn't have gotten insulted but $75 I would of told him to suck it.

How about the holding something for someone a week then the day of the meet. O I had a family emergency guy.

Which you can call BS a mile away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom