• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jerk Buyer... your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy is a jerk as long as condition was accurately described. If not, I would have no problem asking for a price concession as a purchaser. In your case as described, you should have walked. There would have been someone happy to buy a nice pistol at your reasonable price.

To me the meeting is transferring of goods and money. Negotiations take place prior to meeting. I'm not driving unless we have a deal first. Jerks seller IMHO

This guy is a jerk as long as condition was accurately described. If not, I would have no problem asking for a price concession as a purchaser. In your case as described, you should have walked. There would have been someone happy to buy a nice pistol at your reasonable price.
I got a fair price for the pistol, had my time invested in it, so I took the deal... He even stated that it looked new instead of used.... there weren't any issues other than him being a jerk. I've made many deals here and never had an issue with anyone until this morning... Had there been an issue with it not as described I would have understood him offering less.....

It's hard when you give as much detail as possible and ask , say three questions yourself and they only answer one of those questions vaguely.
It is frustrating dealing with lame brains.

You gotta cover all the bases so crap like this don't come up last minute but you probably had no idea the guy was going to go all retarded on you.

I think people do that as a tactic to say and do everything to purchase the firearm BUT they purposely leave out price. When you said he thought everything was perfect and probably as described he should have expected the price listed on it. That is the price you list on it, not a bargaining point, people have done this to me, I just go home. I had a guy tell me he could a pistol i was selling( i got in a package deal) for a price much lower than my used one, brand new, I told him he should probably do it. However, he bought the pistol and everything went fine. I've gotten a lot better with my BS filter at firearm deals. Sorry you were out $75 and that dude wasting your time!

You should have told him to **** off, kept the gun, and negative feedbacked his ass. Now that you took the deal you can't leave a neg. And now one of us might deal with this dillhole.

He's a jerk, and if he said I'll take it if you'll meet me out of town, then negative feedback should follow. If he agrees and asks you to drive, the question "What's the least you'll take for it?" is an insult and is totally uncalled for. If this were a poll, I'd vote for negative feedback! I'd love for you to PM me the username, too!

You should have told him to **** off, kept the gun, and negative feedbacked his ass. Now that you took the deal you can't leave a neg. And now one of us might deal with this dillhole.

There is no reason he cannot mention the negotiation in his positive feedback. Negative feedback would be fine if the op did not take the deal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom