Jerk Buyer... your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HartCo

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
130   0
Reaction score
On Thursday a buyer, with zero feedback contacted me by pm to purchase a firearm that I had listed for sale. He stated that if I still had it on Saturday, he would take it contingent on me meeting him out of town. I followed up with a phone call and marked the item pending. When we met, he said the item was beautiful and just as I had described and said it looked unfired. Then he questions me as to what was the least I would take for the firearm. I told him that I held the firearm with the understanding that he was paying my asking price. He then says, "hope I haven't wasted your time but I'm not willing to pay but X amount which was $75 less than my asking price". Had there been any issues with the firearm, I would have understood his offer but he stuck with the I'm only paying x amount.... I took the deal but would never do business with him again.... I could have possibly sold the gun for my asking price had I not held it for him..... Was he a jerk or not?

understanding and explicit agreement are two different things, make sure you clarify with your buying next time. I recommend a confirmation PM with all the details.

Jerk yes. The deal was agreed to at your asking price it sounds like. The price should be negotiated before the deal is set and complete. Not at the meet. I would have turned around and left unless he wanted to pay the agreed on price.

Jerk yes. The deal was agreed to at your asking price it sounds like. The price should be negotiated before the deal is set and complete. Not at the meet. I would have turned around and left unless he wanted to pay the agreed on price.

Abso****inlutely

If you wanted your asking price and he low balled you at the meet....then you should have told him to go **** himself with a big smile on your face....and walked away....even re-posts to sell or trade usually finalize..........Sounds like he got you good!!....

understanding and explicit agreement are two different things, make sure you clarify with your buying next time. I recommend a confirmation PM with all the details.

I hate to agree with this soon-to-be lawyer, but he nailed it. But you're now much smarter, and won't fall into that trap again! Good luck with the sale, and Merry Christmas.

I followed up with a phone call to make sure there was no misunderstanding since he was asking me to make the drive.....He said he would take the pistol..... lesson learned.....

Jerk...Wasn't me was it? kidding. I would have told him that "we would not be doing business together today, but at least let me buy you a nice warm cup of shut the f*%k up!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom