• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'll take it

To me, this is similar to an unconditional surrender. You have made your declaration, and you will be expected to pay the asking price unless previous agreement was made, and travel to the seller is expected.

The latter is the main issue I've noticed lately. Though our location is easily visible, once gotten a few I'll take it's from buyers who ultimately backed out due to them but realizing I'm 25 miles away... No that's not far, and yes I just had someone back out even though I agreed to meet them to help them out.

I am concerned about your situational awareness in real life if your written language interpretation is this bad.

If you commit to buying something, follow through with it. That is all, rant over.
I admit when I type "I'll take it" ,I'm prepared to pay the asking price in their driveway if they say so ;)

Totally agree.

QUOTE="StuP, post: 10754855, member: 2343"]I'm buying, I'm travelling, I'm selling, you come to me. Anyone is free not to buy when they see the gun, as long as you turn up as agreed.[/QUOTE]

If I say “I’ll take it” I mean it. I would like to expect the same in return but those ain’t the rules here. Should be but I don’t make the rules.

To me, this is similar to an unconditional surrender. You have made your declaration, and you will be expected to pay the asking price unless previous agreement was made, and travel to the seller is expected.

The latter is the main issue I've noticed lately. Though our location is easily visible, once gotten a few I'll take it's from buyers who ultimately backed out due to them but realizing I'm 25 miles away... No that's not far, and yes I just had someone back out even though I agreed to meet them to help them out.

I am concerned about your situational awareness in real life if your written language interpretation is this bad.

If you commit to buying something, follow through with it. That is all, rant over.
25 miles? LMAO! That's how far I drive to get a decent dinner.

Why should this be expected? It’s laughable.

If I’m forking over several hundred dollars I expect you to drive at least halfway. The more I spend the more you drive.
If that's the case then the "I'll take it " should be modified to the more accurate " I'll take it if we can meet halfway."

I have a 50 mile rule. I don’t mind taking the dog for a ride and listening to music. Travel and meeting halfway is always negotiable for me as the buyer or seller. If you gonna pass up a sale at asking price because you refuse to meet halfway (and I’m not talking about Valdosta to Dalton), then do what’s best for you.

Back
Top Bottom