• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'll take it

Thats okay!
You dont actually have to take it. You can just say "Ill take it" have the seller hold it for you, get all cagey with non committal answers, and then when you have the money 2 weeks later cuss him out because he was supposed to be holding it for you and sold it!! Some people's word means nothing to them!

Correct.. crickets

"I'll take it" is not a binding deal unless the seller agrees to it. This isn't like calling shotgun to get dibs on the front seat of the car...

Someone saying "I'll take it" is no different than a PM saying they are interested. The seller still has to agree to do business with and come to a date, place and time. You don't have to sell to that person, you can sell to whomever you want. I typically go with the first person to PM me an acceptable offer, but there are times when you get a bunch one after the other, and if the guy in Griffin wants to drive halfway, and the second in line is in my town and offers to meet me at the Qt down the street, I may go with that buyer out of convenience.

It's not a done deal, till both parties say its a done deal.

It’s not as if anyone hasn’t bought anything online in their life. Imagine telling Amazon “I’ll take it” and see if they would ship whatever it is you’re buying. Things don’t work that way there, or here. So, in my world anyway, your post is ignored no matter how bad I want to sell. Now, if the “I’ll take it” is followed by a “PM sent” then you have staked your claim to it, the negotiation is over, and I’m not meeting you somewhere in Bumf***k Ga. to deliver, unless I stated in the post I will. When I buy on here, the first thing I look at is the map that’s on the post, and if it’s too far for me, I’ll ask, in PM’s, but not expect, the seller to accommodate me. Whether he agree’s or not is up to him, and if he does, I ask for a cell number, a time, and an address to meet, again in PM. By doing it that way you’re living within the rules, and not opening yourself up to be peed off when you leave the buyer a neg review and he retaliates with one for you.

Back
Top Bottom