• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'll take it

When I post an "I'll take it!" I'd at k east expect to be notified if my bid of the seller's aksin' price wasn't high enough. I have money, not ESP.

Don't worry, you'll know it wasn't enough or the seller realised he was asking too little by the conspicuous "Item Gone" banner a few hours later.

As the rules page says here, https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/help/rules/

“I’ll take it” means nothing unless the thread starter says it does, and even then we do not enforce it, it just isn’t feasible.

No deal in place until time, location, and dollar amount (or trade) are agreed upon.

But I get what you're saying.

I'm aware, that's why I didn't neg his feedback. Had to vent somewhere. Feedback helps, and I like the concept... Some people just learn to walk that line and only manage positive feedback.

If I say “ I’ll take it”... my question by PM will be “ where would you like to meet?” and let them decide where.
"Sorry mister. Anuther ODT'r whut lives closer says he's comin' over rat now to git it. Better luck next time."

You nailed it! So tired of that crap.
"Sorry mister. Anuther ODT'r whut lives closer says he's comin' over rat now to git it. Better luck next time." translated means: "I know my aksin' price wuz $100 and I know you said you would take it, but another member is paying me $105 tomorrow....."

Theoretically, if you did that, and they still wanted you to drive it to them... What do you do?
If I’m buying I figure I’m driving cause it must be a decent price to me. If I’m “ selling”... we’ll talk. But i still try to meet half way even then. But, that’s just me.

I'd take it, but I'm broke

Thats okay!
You dont actually have to take it. You can just say "Ill take it" have the seller hold it for you, get all cagey with non committal answers, and then when you have the money 2 weeks later cuss him out because he was supposed to be holding it for you and sold it!! Some people's word means nothing to them!

Back
Top Bottom