• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I now see why you all hate Adventure Outdoors!!!!

I agree with this. I think it's fine that they don't allow customers to field strip - they have no way of knowing someone's level of knowledge, experience, or clumsiness. That said, an, "allow me to break it down for you" policy would be a good compromise.

Next time your at AO, ask them to break down a 1911.

The biggest issue is that they have SOOOO many guns, but they dont want me to look at them. I go to any other store and they are right there to pick up and see. or any gun show has them on tables. You pick it up and feel it. Sometimes you have to take it home. I dont even know what they have. I guess i could ask someone to give me the model and price on every gun I point to, or just leave.
Seriously man, ask yourself do you want to purchase a new rifle that has already been handled by 40 or 50 peoples greasy hands. Or a slide that's been racked 1000 times and never shot. I know a lot of places have display models but most do not, the gun you fondle is the gun you purchase.
I have seen a display model rifle with a wood stock at Dick's Sporting Goods that had been handled so many times, and with all the dings and scratches it looked like a used rifle. Not spending my money on that!

Do they price match locally and how so? I'm sure they wouldn't price match PSA, Grabagun, Kentucky Gun Co, etc.
I don't know the extent of it but I asked about a 10/22 price and told them it was cheaper elsewhere and he said he would match it if he could confirm it and it was at least .01 over cost.

I was in there a while back just looking to hold a gun that I was shopping on ODT. A guy was buying a Ruger I believe and on top of the high prices, they charged him for a background check; I think it was $20.

I wanted to tell the guy to go somewhere else, but didn't want to cause an issue. Some people may not care about the price, that's why they also go to Bass Pro or Acadamy Sports.

Honestly, I can't see any big store allowing that. That's one of the differences between a big-box store like them and Bass or Cabelas and the little, local gun shop around the corner.

I know I've had a clerk field-strip a used Glock for me in the past (they wouldn't let me do it), but that was a while ago.

I'm guessing they came up with that rule the hard way, having to chase down parts after customers or counter-people broke down guns wrong and sent everything flying.

It's simply a liability issue and they make their money by selling volume, not with their personal touch.

Also, AO and many other LGS' do not even field strip and inspect used guns they take in to resell. So, if they didn't bother, why should they let you?

Back
Top Bottom