• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I now see why you all hate Adventure Outdoors!!!!

Honestly, when I'm gun shopping, I don't need much in the way of customer service other than basic courtesy. I just need to see what I want, receive a good price, and be on my way.

It's the "be on my way" part that I don't like about Adventure Outdoors.

The checkout process there is ridiculously long. I feel like there should be someone checking paperwork and whatnot before I ever approach that cash register, so that all I need to do is pay and go.

I love Cherokee, because they have friendly staff and great prices, however, they are *always* slammed and crowded. It's hard to grade their customer service when they're all scrambling to serve people lined two and three deep around the store. Of course this is a wonderful problem for them to have, from a sales perspective, but it makes for a harried shopping experience, sometimes. All in all, Cherokee wins my support, but A.O. is a great place to wander around for a while; it's kinda like Gander Mountain with better prices.

I like Cherokee G&P as well, but I've never seen a significant difference in check-out times between them an AO when they are equally busy.

If you go in either on a rainy Saturday afternoon it's going to take a while to get out if you buy something.

I don't mind going there during the week and looking at pricing on certain items. Just like anywhere else, sometimes they have really good deals and sometimes they don't. Depends on what you are looking for.

I have field stripped guns on the counter and no one has complained or stopped me. Some of the sales people are actually quite knowledgable, the problem I think is that those sales people don't work weekends when they are the busiest.

Back
Top Bottom