• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I now see why you all hate Adventure Outdoors!!!!

I went there once. I got a brand new gun from the back, not the one in the display case. I saved $150 and it was well worth the trip from Cumming. I had a good salesman, courteous and hung with me. I checked prices on high dollar shotguns while I was there, they were the best I'd seen, sometimes by several hundred dollars.

Checkout was terrible, but they can have the 15 or 20 minutes for a savings of $150 on a $1200 gun.

They had an outstanding selection of holsters and magazine pouches, most I've ever seen in one place. If I had a reason, I would go back. I could picture spending a fortune in there.

Opening the slide is like popping open a hood on a car. Removing it is not. Also, on the used car subject, would you expect a car salesman to be able to take apart every type of car on the lot? I definitely would not expect every counter monkey to be able to tear down and reassemble every firearm they sell. Hell, most of the clowns they have working there are lucky not to be drooling all over themselves or have their shoes on the wrong feet.

I kinda see firearms like guitars. Each one is unique, they are nuanced. Slight differences in fit, trigger pull, reset, etc.

Even a big box music store understands guitar players need to play a guitar before buying, even new ones. Firearms are not that much different, especially used ones. Can't see any seller having a problem with a thorough inspection.

I own two Dan Wesson Guardians. Both "production" guns. Can't tell you how many differences there are between them.

I never understood why so many people didnt like adventure outdoors. It seemed so big that it was just awesome. I had been there a couple times, but i was never really looking to buy a gun, until today. why are all of the rifles behind the counter? I mean, i dont know what you guys even have because i have to look from 10 feet away. Then i asked a lady if i could see a used sig 226. she said sure and brought it out. i have never seen a more used 226, but it was $399 so i wanted to take a peek. Being a sig guy, i know that all is good if you just look at the internals and the slide rails. I ask, "Is it okay if i take it apart?" she says, "No, we dont allow that" I say, "then how do I know if its still in functioning order?" She said she could maybe ask someone, but she wasnt allowed and customers weren't allowed. Why would i go back????

I had exactly that same experience.

Any dildos who won't let you field strip a gun ain't getting my bucks....

Its just another big box store filled with employees who need a job, could remember their names, and could pass the drug screen.

You should have just; Click, click, slip... "Hmmm, interesting." and then just walked away, leaving a pile of gun pieces laying on the counter.
:D
Then asked to see another firearm. ;)

Back
Top Bottom