• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I got my form 1 approved for SBR in just 33 days

You definitely have to engrave, and it's in the NFA handbook.

The Form 1 is a request to make a Title I gun in to a Title II gun, and the handbook states, "The marking and identification requirements for a maker are the same as for a manufacturer. Refer to section 7.4 for a detailed discussion of the requirements".

Then everybody I've ever seen who has engraved has done it wrong. If requirements for a maker are the same as manufacture then it needs the makers name the city and state which is usually there, but then it would have to have a unique serial number also. I'm never seen anyone engrave a unique second serial number.

And if you didn't put any of that info (Second serial number) on your form 1 what's the point. People adopt the manufactures serial number on their form one and use that. So why can't they adopt the manufacture and city state to fill those requirements.

Then everybody I've ever seen who has engraved has done it wrong. If requirements for a maker are the same as manufacture then it needs the makers name the city and state which is usually there, but then it would have to have a unique serial number also. I'm never seen anyone engrave a unique second serial number.

And if you didn't put any of that info (Second serial number) on your form 1 what's the point. People adopt the manufactures serial number on their form one and use that. So why can't they adopt the manufacture and city state to fill those requirements.

You use the manufacturers serial number - also in the handbook. You can't change the serial number.

Your linked handbook Is from 2009. My linked decision letter is from 2013. We all know the ATF likes to change its mind.

Those letters are just opinions, and they only apply to the person they are addressed to.

If people would just take the time to read the handbook, they wouldn't have to spend their time sending in dumbass questions which results in all these differing opinion letters.

You definitely have to engrave, and it's in the NFA handbook.

The Form 1 is a request to make a Title I gun in to a Title II gun, and the handbook states, "The marking and identification requirements for a maker are the same as for a manufacturer. Refer to section 7.4 for a detailed discussion of the requirements".

Section 7.4 is for a manufacturer. Section 6 is for a maker and says nothing about engraving.

Section 7.4 is for a manufacturer. Section 6 is for a maker and says nothing about engraving.

Your turning a Title 1 gun into a Title II gun so the engraving is required. But do it however you want to do it.

As long as you aren't growing pot in your basement, or you don't intend to out Fast & Furious the ATF with your own gun walking project, then you shouldn't have to worry about it as an add-on charge.

Those letters are just opinions, and they only apply to the person they are addressed to.

If people would just take the time to read the handbook, they wouldn't have to spend their time sending in dumbass questions which results in all these differing opinion letters.

Did you read the statement I linked? It I not an opinion letter.

Back
Top Bottom