• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How much ammo

A backpack, comfy shoes, and good cardiovascular fitness. Join a running club, seriously. This is what I envisioned when I started this thread. Getting people to think about how much ammo is truly necessary, especially if you have to factor in mobility. I would rather be more mobile and have a bit less ammo. (or just stay home)

A backpack, comfy shoes, and good cardiovascular fitness. Join a running club, seriously. This is what I envisioned when I started this thread. Getting people to think about how much ammo is truly necessary, especially if you have to factor in mobility. I would rather be more mobile and have a bit less ammo. (or just stay home)
but when you "bug out" where are you going?

Those that plan to shoot 1000 rounds of ammo in self defense - what are you going to do with all the bodies? Let's say that they are extra tough and you can't shoot really well so 5 rounds per dead body gives you 200 dead neighbors stacked around your "bug in location" aka suburban stick-built heavily morgaged Cape Cod house. If you have 100 feet of frontage on your nice quiet street you should be able to stack the deceased four-high out by the sidewalk for the length of your property which should provide you some protection from incoming gunfire.

That's case one of your stash. Obviously you should stockpile one case per side to fortify your house with corpses and leave another case for additional defense. Five cases. That's the magic SHTF number. Period.

You should probably pack an additional sixer of Mountain Dew and two to three bags of Funions for provisions, and maybe an extra set of AA batteries for your discman.

I'm working on stocking up. Have a good variety (bird, buck, slugger, and everything in between) of 12g and a small (compared to you guys) amount of .40 and .380. Also an OK amount of personal defense ammo.

I think that after killing my first two-hundred or so locals I'll be bored with just shooting anyway. At that point it will be such a chore that I'll wake up in my post-apocalyptic world, have my coffee, and then look for something with a little more panache for my daily 9-5 slay-fest. I think I'm going to start stockpiling things like machetes, chainsaws, tire irons, war pigs, etc. so that I can keep things lively.

Another way of looking at it would be to take the amount of water you have in stock and figure out how many days that will keep you alive and then divide your ammo stash by that to know how many shots you need to take daily to stay on track.

For me we only have about 1000-1500 rounds of assorted 5.56, .40, .38spl, .380. Crap, I need to include probably 2000 rounds of 22lr too.

I think we have around 50 gallons of fresh water on hand at any time so for my wife and myself we have 25 days of water. That's 140 rounds every day. Roughly 9 shots per hour if I still get my 8hrs beauty sleep nightly. Using the Mozambique method that gives me 3 fresh dead bodies per waking hour added to my lawn.

honestly half a dozen hi cap rifle mags, 4-5 pistol mags and whatever else to keep everything loaded and then reload them one more time is all i see as feasible, if you burn that you're probably dead.

Back
Top Bottom