• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How much ammo

I used to have about 500 rounds of 9mm and 45ACP, 2000 rounds of 22 and about 200 shells of 12ga at any given time. Now I don't shoot as much so I have maybe 200-300 rounds of 9mm, 45, and 22 and a couple boxes of shells. I think that would be good for short term if I live long enough to use it. You could stock guns and ammo from floor to ceiling but if the zombie horde breaks into your house and eats you what good will it do?

Just to piggyback off of your thread, my concern isn't so much how much ammo do I need, its how many loaded mags. Again 2000 rounds and only 2 30 round mags isn't going to be good either.
Make someone's day if they happen to stumble upon your house during the zombie apocalypse

If it came down to it I'd rather be holed up with whichever of you guys buys a box of ammo every paycheck and SHOOTS it and only shows up with 3 30rd mags, instead of the guy who was more concerned with stacking up pretty ammo boxes to have a stockpile of some arbitrary number and never gets any trigger time.

No I'm serious. I think everyone would be much better off to stick 500rds back for your rifle and pistol and actually shoot the rest of the ammo you buy. I don't mean just blasting for fun, but really pushing yourself and working on improving skill. Like I posted in that other thread, most folks are going to die from sickness, dehydration, etc well before firing their second magazine. It would be more advantageous to have some top notch skill for a handful of mags than be sitting on 5 cases of ammo and not be able to shoot worth a crap.

No I'm serious. I think everyone would be much better off to stick 500rds back for your rifle and pistol and actually shoot the rest of the ammo you buy. I don't mean just blasting for fun, but really pushing yourself and working on improving skill. Like I posted in that other thread, most folks are going to die from sickness, dehydration, etc well before firing their second magazine. It would be more advantageous to have some top notch skill for a handful of mags than be sitting on 5 cases of ammo and not be able to shoot worth a crap.

And that was really the intent this thread...to make you think and consider how much is really neccesary outside of a fantasy scenario. Way to go team, ya kept it pretty much on topic for 6 pages!

This. This says it all.

Back
Top Bottom