How hard is it to buy a Mosin Nagant?

2X This! Mike always has a crate open next to the wall to choose from. You will never be treated nicer at any gun store; Mike is a great guy.

Last time I went there, the crate was gone.. But he did have a standing rack in the back of the store next to the other long guns full of Mosins.

It is not the clerks job to make sure your id has been updated your ga id should be all that is needed who gives a rip where you live in ga. lol

I think he decided to define the legal definition of resident when probably had not a grain of legal knowledge. He told me to buy a hunting license with my Athens Address and come back, I told him no, I was going to another store who had no problem doing this before. Also last time I went to Georgia Gun store the man was nice, but the Nagants were $130 which I wasn't willing to pay, but he had just opened.

I know it sounds weird but it is part of the rules on the 4473 that the ID has to have the current address or you have to bring in some sort of record showing your current address. If you had said nothing about the temporary living situation then you would have had no problem but since you did and the license info wasnt correct, he had to call you on it. Really the simplest fix is the hunting or even a fishing liscense with your current address and your good to go. All the other stores SHOULD do the same but sometimes are alittle lax. I used to help audit 4473's at bass pro and we had this issue alot. It even happened to me when I moved to macon. I moved from a house there, into an apartment about 2 days before I saw an awsome deal at academy. I was causually talking to the clerk and mentioned the prior move and at that point, I screwed myself. No sale.....missed a heritage rough rider 22 pistol for $100 brand new....

I think he decided to define the legal definition of resident when probably had not a grain of legal knowledge. He told me to buy a hunting license with my Athens Address and come back, I told him no, I was going to another store who had no problem doing this before. Also last time I went to Georgia Gun store the man was nice, but the Nagants were $130 which I wasn't willing to pay, but he had just opened.
When I went they were $140 starting price, some of them more
Go to dawsonville pay em $75 and stay quite about your problem, when they ask if its your correct address just shake your head and say "yep sure is "

Funny. I bought a Mosin at Clyde's and had to deal with the same thing. When I moved back to Newnan from Athens I got my license updated with a P.O. Box, because I was moving back home temporarily. Have moved since then and still have the old PO Box DL. The guy at Clyde's told me to go to Academy, because you can get a migratory birds stamp even if you don't have a hunting license for the current year and it is FREE. Other than that I just know to have my passport with me if I think there's a chance I'm going to buy a gun.

Long story short I need to just get my DL updated.

Im working on a MN project and need a good shiney barrel to begin, so I figured hey this will be easy, everyone has Mosin's right.

Go to Franklins in Athens and they want $140 + tax. I laugh on the inside and wonder how many idiots have taken this deal and say "any wiggle room on the price, this is just a 1942 izzy with almost all the markings ground off". The man behind the counter raises his voice angrily and says, "if you want to shop around for Mosins go somewhere else these are well worth the $140". So I take his advice and go around the corner to the firing line.

Firing line is out of them, no biggie, plus they are good guys and even offer to let me try a silencer I've been eyeing at bullseye and compare it to some other brands, but time is short so I go to Clydes down to street.

FINALLY! reasonable priced Nagants at $109. I find 1943 tula with a bore that looks like it was lost on the way to the front lines and stored in an AC dehumidified Gulag, I've never seen such a perfect bore on any Nagant so I take it to the counter and begin to fill out forms. As I'm completing it the man behind the counter says "you a student here", I say "yea" and he says well your address here says Gainesville. I say yes that is my home, I live in an apartment during the school year. He then says well if your currently residing in Athens, I cant sell this to you with a Gainesville Address. WTF I have bought tons of guns since being at school with owners knowing I was a student and this guy tells me they have been breaking federal laws and he wont. What load of crap no one changes their ID address at school, I mean some people won't even spend 1 year at each apartment they stay in here in Athens. Anyone else ever heard of this or know if he is right? Maybe I need the Rahm Emanual version of residency to buy a gun.

Man if it was not for BAD LUCK, you would have NO LUCK at all.......lol.

Back
Top Bottom