How hard is it to buy a Mosin Nagant?

Laxguy59

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
64   0
Reaction score
Im working on a MN project and need a good shiney barrel to begin, so I figured hey this will be easy, everyone has Mosin's right.

Go to Franklins in Athens and they want $140 + tax. I laugh on the inside and wonder how many idiots have taken this deal and say "any wiggle room on the price, this is just a 1942 izzy with almost all the markings ground off". The man behind the counter raises his voice angrily and says, "if you want to shop around for Mosins go somewhere else these are well worth the $140". So I take his advice and go around the corner to the firing line.

Firing line is out of them, no biggie, plus they are good guys and even offer to let me try a silencer I've been eyeing at bullseye and compare it to some other brands, but time is short so I go to Clydes down to street.

FINALLY! reasonable priced Nagants at $109. I find 1943 tula with a bore that looks like it was lost on the way to the front lines and stored in an AC dehumidified Gulag, I've never seen such a perfect bore on any Nagant so I take it to the counter and begin to fill out forms. As I'm completing it the man behind the counter says "you a student here", I say "yea" and he says well your address here says Gainesville. I say yes that is my home, I live in an apartment during the school year. He then says well if your currently residing in Athens, I cant sell this to you with a Gainesville Address. WTF I have bought tons of guns since being at school with owners knowing I was a student and this guy tells me they have been breaking federal laws and he wont. What load of crap no one changes their ID address at school, I mean some people won't even spend 1 year at each apartment they stay in here in Athens. Anyone else ever heard of this or know if he is right? Maybe I need the Rahm Emanual version of residency to buy a gun.

Wow, that is BS, I used to buy all my stuff in Lawrenceville (because a friend worked in a gunshop there) and anywhere in the state should be fine.

What load of crap no one changes their ID address at school, I mean some people won't even spend 1 year at each apartment they stay in here in Athens.

I'd agree with you, cop that wrote the ticket to my daughter didn't; said she only had X number of days. Cost her a fine.

Dude, go see Mike over at Georgia Gun Store on Dawsonville Highway. He's always got a ton of Mosins, about $100 a pop (with accessories) I believe.

You are supposed to change your license within 60 days of moving to a new address.

From the DMV

Address Change - IN PERSON OR ONLINE
Please update your address within 60 days of moving as required by law. You may visit any Customer Service Center to obtain a free replacement license. The replacement license will be valid for the current renewal period, or if it’s within 150 days of the original expiration date, you may renew your driver’s license for five years ($20.00) or eight years ($32.00).

Back
Top Bottom