• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How good of a shot are you really?

1)Auto pistols: 4 - Not much experience, its easy to remember the fundamentals for me but I just can't seem to place more than 3 in a nickel group
2)revolvers: SA 4 DA 2 I suck at these weapons in the shooting and manipulating.
3)Bolt action long range 8 if ranges are 600 yards or in but after that I haven't the faintest clue.
4)Autorifle Black Rifles 4 - still working on my fundamentals of sight picture but I can hit what I am aiming at up to 200 yards. Sporting 6 if i can keep my head in it 3 if I just goof off
5)Shotguns 9 - Haven't missed a pheasant or quail or duck in three years qualified for the grand twice and was KS state 4h trap shooting runner up.

my biggest factor in my shooting is the head game. If I stick tight to my game plan I shoot well but I get frustrated quickly with pistols and Black rifles because they were not my staple growing up. I tend to piss away a bunch of shots I should have made when I get buggered in the head. So all in all I guess I average 5 across board. Enough to be dangerous but not good enough to be threatening.

1)Auto pistols 10
2)revolvers 6
3)Bolt action long range 5
4)Autorifle 9
5)Shotguns 10

Just a little background, I was a Convoy Commander in the USAF for 12 years. We had to expert marksman on M16, auto pistols and Shotguns. I carried a 12 gauge and colt 45 commander during my convoys. I've never been a revolver fan for some reason

When I was 7 I would shoot birds and bats out of the air with a daisy red rider. I was invited to Top Shot but I couldn't bring myself to brag into a camera and post it on you tube.

1)Auto pistols 7
2)revolvers negative 14 <-- no seriously.. i know i have missed my target before I pick up the gun
3)Bolt action long range 6
4)semi-Autorifle 7
5)Shotguns 9

Back
Top Bottom