• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How good of a shot are you really?

Autoloaders--7...just placed in the top 35 out of 400+ @ the BIG Glock Match @ SRGC...
Revolvers--8...what I REALLY LOVE...and have done WELL with...
LR Rifle--5...very little experience, counting on some "Crossover Effect" from other disciplines...
Autoloading Rifle--6--ditto, above...
Shotgun--8--have one All-America Team Patch and several All State Team Patches from my long-ago Skeet Shooting Days...I still remember how to do SOME of it, and take GREAT COMFORT in what a great All-American Skeet Shooter once told me:"It's Better to be a Has-Been than a Never-was..."
....mikey357

Last edited:
1) Auto pistols- 8-9 unless its something with a crappy trigger then forgetaboutit
2)Revolvers-. 2-4 still learning, trying to warm up to them
3)Bolt action long range- 3-4 , dont shoot them much but with a good scope and a good trigger, we can go places.
4)Autorifle- 7-9 , depends on the rifle really.
5) Shotguns- 4-5 - never really shoot them much.

i will be honest

auto pistol on a good day 6 maybe 7 (top shot really lower's your self esteem)
revolver 1 (except a ruger single six id say 8)
bolt action never past 100 yards but 6
semi rifle 3
shotgun.... if it's hitting the target with birdshot at 5 foot im a 9..(yea) but anything else i have no experience so a 2

I only shoot maybe 300 rounds a year, so no practice.

top shot makes me feel better as a shooter. Some of those people are sorry. They say they are pistol shooters then they cant hit a dinner plate at 50 feet. Its sad.

then maybe you should try out, some of it looks easy ill admit but other time's you can tell they are true marksmen./

i notice some of the easy target's they miss(im guessing concentraction) other times target's they should miss they hit no problem.

top shot makes me feel better as a shooter. Some of those people are sorry. They say they are pistol shooters then they cant hit a dinner plate at 50 feet. Its sad.

lol yeah I remember watchin the episode where they were shooting the WWII sniper rifles (1903, Mosin, etc) and dudes couldn't even hit a plate at about 50 yards with em..pretty embarrassing

Auto-7 I'm O.K. but no where near what I would like to be. I can group pretty good at 15-25 yards but not what I would like to be shooting
Revolver-3-4 I have never shot a Revolver much. I am really not very good with one but I can shoot one somewhat accuratly
Bolt Action-7 I have shot alot of benchrest and I am pretty good. I can shoot a good rifle to its ability.
Auto Rifle- 5 I can shoot one but just nothing spectacular.
Shotgun-8 I can shot in the mid to high 80's on any sporting clays course I have been on recently. I have not broke 90 but I will here pretty soon as long as I keep progressing like I have been. I attribute this to shooting about 1500-2000 rounds of 12 ga a year whether it is bird hunting or clays.

I tried to grade my self as honest as psosible. I am a pretty good when you compare me to my shooting buddies but I have put alot more rounds downrange than any of them.

then maybe you should try out, some of it looks easy ill admit but other time's you can tell they are true marksmen./

i notice some of the easy target's they miss(im guessing concentraction) other times target's they should miss they hit no problem.

Wish I could afford to take off work and just be on some show. I dont have that benefit.

Back
Top Bottom