• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Holy $#!+

Been seeing a lot of posts like that one, and it's just further proof that many in the industry don't get it, and we'll soon see others follow Silencerco.

It has very little to do with HPA. People went from 0 - 60 in 1 second and bought a butt load of NFA items in the run-up to 41f so of course it was going to fall off the cliff. And then there are quite a few of us who are out of the game entirely due to 41f.

I don't even mind so much the additional BS paperwork due to 41F but when you add that to an already stupidly ridiculously long wait? I'm done. Out. Don't care. Have Peltors.

I'd just add that into my retirement plan if I were you.
Hahaha! Yeah, I'm not looking for that one to go through ANYTIME soon.

It's for a homemade 9mm suppressor, but my "wants" change so often that I'm not even really interested in doing one at the moment. LOL

Maybe the "want" will be back by the time the stamp actually comes in.

41F and HPA are a double whammy for the suppressor industry. Things litteraly ground to a halt the day after 41F went into effect.
Seems like they would have a HUGE backlog of work due to the last minute 41F buying frenzy, but I guess they've caught up now.

I hate it for all the people that lost their jobs. Hopefully HPA passes and SilencerCo brings all those employees back plus some.

I'm out. Period. Don't even give a damn if I get my stamps anymore. The Omega is just a stupid decision and a write off in my mind. I will never buy another suppressor. Cost + tax + wait = ultimate retard purchase. Worse than a Judge...or a Keltec.
What did you really expect to happen when you bought it though? My 3 cans were all bought knowing the wait times were outrageous. My first 1 took 11 months, and I have 2 awaiting approval that were paid for about 2 days before 41F went live.

I already planned to not see them for a loooong while, but knew if I didn't go ahead and just get paperwork done, I would likely never have them waiting for something like HPA to possibly pass.

If you bought an NFA item within the last 12-14 months(maybe even a little further out) with the expectations that you would have it in your hand even remotely soon, you only did yourself a diservice and set yourself up for disappointment.

Not at all. Was completely prepared for the "6-7 month wait time." 10 months? Not so much. Thedesire to have and shoot one has passed. Sort of like the RFB. Bought it, shot it, got over it, sold it. All in a three month time frame.

Just go buy the can now geesh !

I don't understand if you're going to buy a suppressor and you're just not doing it right now because of the bill that's crazy. You will get a full refund of your $200 If and I say if HPA passes next year but you're killing the industry by doing nothing. Let's say it passes then you can't find any suppressors on the shelf because now manufacturers can't keep up with demand so you wait longer to get it made instead of getting it approved.

Think about it !!

Seems like they would have a HUGE backlog of work due to the last minute 41F buying frenzy, but I guess they've caught up now.

I hate it for all the people that lost their jobs. Hopefully HPA passes and SilencerCo brings all those employees back plus some.
"Hope" is Good IMHO , I Hoped Trump would win (among other hopes=done) when many of the same doubters said "probably never happen". Still hoping ATF is Fired. Alcohol Tobacco Firearms are all legal items. Away with'em , what if? this is the last days of atf and this is their last ditch efforts to put it to the Right People (who are calling for their abolishment)? I know a lot of people have had false doubts about POTUS. So far sooooo Good (Demos stall / Trump Wins anyway) , different topic kinda (and i'm just a simple Country Boy) but take another look at the DOW, things started changing before "The Man" even took office. These things take time and yes i believe are Well in reach . Tell you what Imma do (who cares, right) Palmetto's been waiting 10 months (Ridiculous Wait Time), a year from now I'll purchase my first Can , wait or Not. Honestly I've only wanted one for about 6 months so I understand i'm not in the same boat as others and at the same time i'm Sure glad the "Witch" didn't win cause the atf could be ordering us to turn in some of our most valuables.

Just go buy the can now geesh !

I don't understand if you're going to buy a suppressor and you're just not doing it right now because of the bill that's crazy. You will get a full refund of your $200 If and I say if HPA passes next year but you're killing the industry by doing nothing. Let's say it passes then you can't find any suppressors on the shelf because now manufacturers can't keep up with demand so you wait longer to get it made instead of getting it approved.

Think about it !!

Once again it's not about HPA for everyone. It's about 41f.

And it's not the consumer's job to save the industry. If these people can't run a business in good times and bad, then that's their issue. Back to Silencerco specifically. How much money did they spend on their elaborate marketing? How much business have they lost by creating Rugged and Dead Air, and because of their issue with Silencer Shop? What about what many say is a questionable hire in top management?

Back
Top Bottom