• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Holy $#!+

I'm out. Period. Don't even give a damn if I get my stamps anymore. The Omega is just a stupid decision and a write off in my mind. I will never buy another suppressor. Cost + tax + wait = ultimate retard purchase. Worse than a Judge...or a Keltec.
I got to shoot my 300 blackout the other day with a friends Omega. Its worth the wait, that thing is amazingly quiet. The hardest thing was removing the can and handing it back......My omega was purchased early July, just before the reg change, I probably won't see it till April or May. But its an I want and worth the wait IMO. Now if I already had another suppressor then maybe not. My buddies stamp took less than three months to come back. I wish.

If that's actually the case, then they are retarded. EVERYONE knew what would happen after 41F. You don't go hiring full time staff for a temporary increase in demand. You either hire temporary workers or you make what you can, with what you have.

It depends. They claimed they were putting out thousands of cans per month, and this was going on for a while. Who knows what the state regulations are on temp employees. Plus some of these positions would've required people with more experience and knowledge. It's easy to hire temps to pack boxes but not so much for the other stuff.

It depends. They claimed they were putting out thousands of cans per month, and this was going on for a while. Who knows what the state regulations are on temp employees. Plus some of these positions would've required people with more experience and knowledge. It's easy to hire temps to pack boxes but not so much for the other stuff.
True. I'm just saying that if any manufacturer hired a ton of people to ramp up ahead of a regulatory change and also knew that demand would nearly drop to zero the day after and didn't take steps to immediately reduce workforce, then that's bad management and poor planning. The immediate result would naturally be idle workers and an inflated / unsustainable expense ratio.

The demand built up for more than a year prior to 41F, so naturally they had an extended period of high demand and production. And maybe that's the key. 41F almost seemed like it wouldn't happen. Then it did. So maybe they ramped up prior to the January 2016 announcement and it then caught them off guard. If that was the case, I could understand them holding onto employees. But if their order volume was down at SHOT, then they probably had to reevaluate sales projections and staffing.

This, of course, assumes the rumors are true. From what I'm seeing, it's looking like something happened, but the scale isn't clear yet. I'm sure we'll know more in the next day or two.

I may be Stupid but i'm waitin it out

Same here. I would like to have a can or two, and would pay for them, but I'm not going through the BS paperwork, wait, and shelling out the extra money for a stupid stamp. This goes for all NFA items. It's BS.

I don't even like paying for a GWCL. More BS.

IMG_0841.JPG

What's wrong with the Omega? That's an awesome can.
Nothing wrong with the Omega, didn't mean to give that impression. If you could buy it off the shelf for $1,200 and take it home I'd be happy to do that. Paying $870 + tax, then the $200 tax stamp fee and waiting for an unspecified period of time that seems to get extended, week after week? Not so alluring after almost 10 months after asking a bunch of fat assed government tax collectors, "Beggin' yo pardon Marse...woud it be fine wid you do I have a lil piece of metal to stick on my gun?"Silencerco's layoffs mean one of two things to me. As pointed out above, 41F did EXACTLY what ATF wanted it to, made less work for their lazy asses by killing demand, therefore makers don't have orders etc. Or, Silencerco has knowledge that the HPA is never going to pass and they're stopping the bleeding of capital where waiting for anticipated orders is not required.

Nothing wrong with the Omega, didn't mean to give that impression. If you could buy it off the shelf for $1,200 and take it home I'd be happy to do that. Paying $870 + tax, then the $200 tax stamp fee and waiting for an unspecified period of time that seems to get extended, week after week? Not so alluring after almost 10 months after asking a bunch of fat assed government tax collectors, "Beggin' yo pardon Marse...woud it be fine wid you do I have a lil piece of metal to stick on my gun?"Silencerco's layoffs mean one of two things to me. As pointed out above, 41F did EXACTLY what ATF wanted it to, made less work for their lazy asses by killing demand, therefore makers don't have orders etc. Or, Silencerco has knowledge that the HPA is never going to pass and they're stopping the bleeding of capital where waiting for anticipated orders is not required.

My Omega is so old it's not even Silencerco and I think I waited a few months for the stamp.....

The Hearing protection act needs to hurry up.

I honestly don't think it will happen.... but in my opinion what will end up happening is, if the issue continues to be pressed at some point the price of a stamp will go up, being that it hasn't ever been raised in 80 something years.

Back
Top Bottom