• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

High-end coolers?

I have the 95 quart Pelican. It is big, heavy, and a beast. It holds ice for a week or more in Florida heat, being jostled around on a Skiff. If you hunt, fish, or camp, a high end cooler is worth every penny. Just don't leave it unattended.

Classic city carry Pelican Coolers the 45q was about 230 I think
I'll let you know when he PM's me the quote I requested.
BTW, the Pelican makes a Yeti look like a wall mart cooler.
Im not opposed to a Pelican cool but as stated before the dimensions are wrong to out in the trunk of a car which was when I didn't buy the pelican. When I buy a larger cooler I might buy one as it will go in the truck but this one was multi purpose. And I don't necessarily like how Pelican has to belittle other brand coolers to make their cooler look better than someone else's.

I'm partial to the Yeti but I've got experience with it. Last weekend my Yeti 65 sat on a boat in Charleston for 4 days of hard fishing with no shade (used it as a casting platform, cooler, bow weight, and seat) and it kept everything inside icy cold and there was still a ton of ice left for the 5 hour trip back home to hold the fillets cold in the back of my truck. I've had 30 pounds of ice last 5 days in less than optimal conditions and constant use of opening and closing. Everything was still icy cold at the end of the five days too.
I do pre-cool it and use a handful of rock salt to maximize ice retention. This is recommended for all long term ice retention coolers.

I get this same performance out of my Yeti 65 on the boat, on the beach, and at deer camp. I also like the size and weight of this cooler. Fully loaded with drinks, food and ice I can still lift it without breaking my back. Holds a Georgia quartered whitetail perfectly with several days of ice.

Back
Top Bottom