• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

High-end coolers?

They don't just look better. They perform better. Better warranty. Made in the USA. Yes, they are tall, heavy.

Sounds like a challenge to me.... I'll take which ever one your buying for me?
If I get a 20gt it'll be a pellican because I like the handle, if I get the 75qt it'll be a yeti, unless someone else is paying for it we use both on our job sites and the farm and there's no difference in performance!!

Well an unbiased review of my yeti. We just got back from a cruise yesterday and before leaving I loaded it down with drinks and snacks. I loaded it Friday Aug 15th at lunch time. I froze two blocks of ice in a rubbermade storage container had a 5lbs slab of dry ice and topped that off with 20 lbs of ice from the local gas station. (I also pre-cilled the cooler before loading it) We drove about two hours from Miami and got a room for the night. Next morning we got in the car headed for the rest of the drive to Miami and my little girl was complaining that all the ice had frozen and she couldn't get her drinks out. So I stop and break the ice up so she can have some and go on. We parked in a covered top at the port and left it till yesterday. All of the ice was melted in the cooler but the water in it was still ice cold and so we're the drinks. So I'm happy with the results.

I have the 50 qt Yeti. I love the durability, but not overly impressed with the ice lasting. It may be due to the fact my kids are in and out of it constantly at the ball field. Probably wouldn't have spent the money if I had it to do over.

I have the 50 qt Yeti. I love the durability, but not overly impressed with the ice lasting. It may be due to the fact my kids are in and out of it constantly at the ball field. Probably wouldn't have spent the money if I had it to do over.
I've noticed that if I use the cooler as for drinking beer and soda from all day it will last 3 days which is still much better than previous coolers that I have owned. I'm hoping that is extended during camping season that's coming up. I don't see why it wouldn't since it will be colder.

I have 2 Yeti's (65 qt and 20 qt roadie) in the tan color and absolutely love them. The ice retention is very good, and the customer service is awesome.
I am pleased with mine so far and I also got the tan model. I hope I don't have to find out about their customer service tho.

Just picked up a Coleman 6-day 50qt wheeled model off Coleman.com for under $70 with free shipping. Not as durable as a yeti but it'll hold ice at least as well. No plans to use it as a bear canister or jack stand so I think I can live with it.

Why bother with a $400 cooler when you can buy a 12v fridge that will MAKE ice and keep ice cream frozen for near the same price without all the wet food containers and draining?

http://www.compactappliance.com/12-volt-fridge-freezer/

I can't imagine a scenario where I would have a cooler and my truck isn't nearby. Maybe on a boat a cooler would make more since, or if I was gonna drop a deer carcass in the cooler, but the fridge is the way to go. Many folks with them have them hardwired in, and are permanent to the rig.

Just picked up a Coleman 6-day 50qt wheeled model off Coleman.com for under $70 with free shipping. Not as durable as a yeti but it'll hold ice at least as well. No plans to use it as a bear canister or jack stand so I think I can live with it.
Hope yours works better than mine did cause mine kept ice for 3 days while camping in the fall and winter, summer days was 1.5-2 days max.
Why bother with a $400 cooler when you can buy a 12v fridge that will MAKE ice and keep ice cream frozen for near the same price without all the wet food containers and draining?

http://www.compactappliance.com/12-volt-fridge-freezer/

I can't imagine a scenario where I would have a cooler and my truck isn't nearby. Maybe on a boat a cooler would make more since, or if I was gonna drop a deer carcass in the cooler, but the fridge is the way to go. Many folks with them have them hardwired in, and are permanent to the rig.
personally I love my cooler and would rather have it than the electric fridge cause the first time the fridge ran the battery on my truck down I'd throw that fridge off the mountain.

Got 3 of them I use for BBQ competitions. Two for coolers and one for a hot box. Always get 2-3 days out of them on the hottest days. Big ones are around $75 each.

I have a Coleman xtreme 5 day cooler and it works fine for my needs. It will have Ice for 2-3 days and after that the water inside is still ice cold for a day after the ice is melted.
It was about $50 for the cooler I think.

I have a friend that has several yeti coolers he has one that dont keep ice as long as the others have not figured out why. but they hold ice for about 2 days but things will stay cold for about 3 or longer. We freeze meat and other stuff so its thawed but super cold in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom