• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

High-end coolers?

Deaken

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
51   0
Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase my first high end cooler and the first name that comes to mind is yeti. A local store has the Tundra 65 for $365.00 +tax and comes with the yeti tumbler for free($30 value). Before I sink this kind of money is there a better cooler for the money? I know pelican makes one, IRP, and Engel but I honestly don't know much about them. I was also recently told that igloo make a yeti looking knock off but don't know anyone that has one. Pros/Cons to any of these coolers is appericiated.

Assuming you have used your pelican cooler how well does the ice last?
It's pretty good. Ice lasted I'd say about 3.5 days. But that was without cooling the cooler and throwing cases of hot water in the cooler. The ice may have melted but the water stayed cool.

Yeah I've heard to maximize cooling it is best to freeze a couple 2 liter bottles filled with water the day before you load the cooler so that it will get the insulation in the cooler cool and it won't melt your ice as fast. Have you used any dry ice in it?

Yeah I've heard to maximize cooling it is best to freeze a couple 2 liter bottles filled with water the day before you load the cooler so that it will get the insulation in the cooler cool and it won't melt your ice as fast. Have you used any dry ice in it?
Not yet. Only used it on one long term trip. I will also say that the pelican is way easier to open then the Yeti.

Back
Top Bottom