• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

High Cap Mag Ban Amendment Added to Cybersecurity Bill

I called my senators.
Chambliss's aide said that he voted for cloture to go ahead and get it to the floor so that some "unfavorable" items can be removed. I gave him my .02.
Call them.

I love how the people who set this up live in violent states where gun crime is rampant and these items are already illegal.

They blame other states. Their argument is that because the magazines are easy to buy elsewhere, the criminals buy them there and take them back to their great state and commit crimes. I don't know why they think having 30 rounds is any more dangerous than 10. Heck, the idiot in Colorado couldn't even use his 100rd drum correctly.

Plus, with the stabbing in Utah, knives will be next. I'm sure glad Big Brother is looking out for my safety. :rolleyes:

Not sure if this was caught, but illegal to POSSESS as well as transfer.

Email sent

Not sure if this was caught, but illegal to POSSESS as well as transfer.

Email sent

Thats not the way I read this:

‘(ii) clause (i) shall not apply to the possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device otherwise lawfully possessed within the united states on or before the date of the enactment of this subsection.

Granted you might not be able to sell it to someone if they choose to number them. That would mean I would have to take it somewhere to have it numbered. No way to really prove original ownership before that time.

‘(ii) clause (i) shall not apply to the possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device otherwise lawfully possessed within the united states on or before the date of the enactment of this subsection.

Granted you might not be able to sell it to someone if they choose to number them. That would mean I would have to take it somewhere to have it numbered. No way to really prove original ownership before that time.

OK , yeah, just saw the amendment. Guess what though. Just pulled out a PMag and they all have a date code stamped on them. It is a small circle with an arrow for month and the year in 2 digits. GI mags are stamped x/xx as well.

Anyone remember $100 and $150 17 round G17 mags during the last ban, and $800 Beta C mags. I do.

Last edited:

You do not have to prove it is legal; they have to prove it is not.

I know it would be an expensive pain in the ass to defend yourself against a BS charge.

You do not have to prove it is legal; they have to prove it is not.

I know it would be an expensive pain in the ass to defend yourself against a BS charge.

very true! Im trying to resist the scare tactic but ive been looking at the 99 dollar open topped drums ever since I saw this post. Tryyyyying to resist the urge to buy a few!

- - - Updated - - -

They're stamped with a date code.

My norinco 100 round AK drum is not.

Back
Top Bottom