• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ham Radio Operators

I passed my General today in Dalton also.. Didn't try Extra today as I was about to starve and could smell all that good food. Will try for my Extra at the Ellijay Hamfest in March. Couldn't identify anybody because nobody was OCing. I had my S&W Airweight in my right pocket. Ke4hsv/AG.

I was stting on the other side of the room, next to back table. The lady in the back row against the wall had on a red NRA shirt. The poor old 84 year old man on the other side of the table from me (Wolford was his name I believe) was given the wrong test form. He wanted to take the General and I think he took the Extra. When he turned it in they realized the mistake and he had to start over again. He told me he had never seen any of the questions on the first test before he guessed at them.

Bryan KE4HSV

Get your ham license. CB isn't open everyday, but 20 meters is. The government can shut down cell phones, the internet, landline phones and broadcast radio and television stations but you can still communicate worldwide on ham radio.

Get your ham license. CB isn't open everyday, but 20 meters is. The government can shut down cell phones, the internet, landline phones and broadcast radio and television stations but you can still communicate worldwide on ham radio.

im enjoying the technical side of it. im having alot of fun now playing with audio quality. everyone that gets in my truck is left scratching their head at my setup. im not running a standard mic, and im using a BBE sonic maximizer to process my audio between my radio and mic. also experimenting with ferrite RF chokes and other such deals. basically studying what is affected by what, how to overcome it, and then when i build my bigger system ill put all of it into practice.

Back
Top Bottom