• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who is the expert on ham radios? Baofeng question

PartyWithArty

Army Icon Supporter
The Name’s James, James Bond.
40   0
Reaction score
First thing I’m not transmitting because I’m not certified but I want to be able to when shtf or emergency. Just trying to see if anyone has set one up or willing to help set one up? I heard you can download the channels from online using a cable has anyone gone that route?

It’s been awhile but just google your radio model plus cable and get one of those USB transfer cables. Then you’ll download a program called CHIRP and use that to program your radios with whatever freqs you want. It’s relatively easy. This website gives a pretty good overview of how to do it.

It’s been awhile but just google your radio model plus cable and get one of those USB transfer cables. Then you’ll download a program called CHIRP and use that to program your radios with whatever freqs you want. It’s relatively easy. This website gives a pretty good overview of how to do it.
Thank you bud!

Start by checking to see if your Baofeng is on the list that's supported by CHIRP:

You can also check BaofengTech (they say to use CHRIP), they also have the software for Baofeng radios that are not supported by CHIRP.

Back
Top Bottom