• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ham Radio Operators?

Do any of you guys build your own equipment any more? My grandfather was a Ham and built almost all of his stuff.

Is the Ham Radio Outlet worth the drive from Kennesaw once I'm licensed and ready to buy a small, budget friendly home setup? I'll be buying blind, with only my knowledge from the ol' interwebs.

Is the Ham Radio Outlet worth the drive from Kennesaw once I'm licensed and ready to buy a small, budget friendly home setup? I'll be buying blind, with only my knowledge from the ol' interwebs.
I've been in the store. It seems to have a lot of stuff.
I didn't buy anything, just looking around.

I've been in the store. It seems to have a lot of stuff.
I didn't buy anything, just looking around.
I bought my last transceiver there and they had a very good price. Got the power supply and a new antenna tuner at the same time. They had a great selection, good prices and were knowledgeable about every piece of gear in the store, including the used gear. They have a web site and you can shop there to get an idea of what you might be looking for.

You might also want to check out MFJ they manufacture and sell a whole lot of different Ham gear. I have previously purchased antenna tuners from them and antennas also. They are mail order but ship pretty quickly.

Good luck

getting closer to wanting to take the technicians license test. I'm almost scoring 80% on every practice exam. I want to get that average up to 85% before I go online to take it. I still don't know what the hell I'm doing, but I'll be able to pass the test

Back
Top Bottom