• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ham Radio Operators

Moonpie

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
Banned Permanently
25   0
Reaction score
I'm just curious and I hope several of you will show your hands. I would like to know how many of us here on the ODT are Amateur Radio Operators. No you don't have to give your call or your class if you don't want to. Just a simple hello will be fine.

I've been licensed since 1996 and currently hold a General class license.

Congratulations and Good luck. The worst part of the test is your own nerves. Just breath and read...lol let me know if you need a radio, antenna, etc. I'm sure I have some for super cheap...

Lmao.... I did my code for my "tech plus" and then they changed it...lol it's okay as I was able to make general by just taking the written... At least I can say I did it...

Lol I was freaking out at 5 wpm. One of my elmers SK Howie Gould could cont the clicks when dialing the old rotary dial phones. That's crazy.

Have been researching communication ideas lately, and i'm interested to find out the basics of starting in Ham Radios. Just looking for a link or good starting point for my research. Most importantly start up prices, and how to start getting my licensing. Any Help would be appreciated.

I will PM you some links tomorrow when I have a little more time. It will certainly get you pointed in the right direction...

Back
Top Bottom