• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Guy goes by texas trooper @ 200 mph

Fastest I've ever been is 197 on a bike. It takes about 30 seconds to get to 160-165 and then another 30 seconds to 1 min to get it topped out. I guess its wind resistance or something. Pretty smooth ride on a bike though but you get tunnel vision.
I may be spoiled, but I still think it was fairly slow for the price. I imagine the motor was near stock, with taller rear gearing. Lot of handling upgrades, but the car comes stock with 635hp I think?Then again I'm spoiled with a race bike doing 8.00s@170 within 1/4 mile.

I may be spoiled, but I still think it was fairly slow for the price. I imagine the motor was near stock, with taller rear gearing. Lot of handling upgrades, but the car comes stock with 635hp I think?Then again I'm spoiled with a race bike doing 8.00s@170 within 1/4 mile.
I'm gonna have to agree with you.

The button he was holding with his left hand was a nitrous activation switch.

Don't think so. I think it had to do with the recording the time to 200mph. I like how he was one-handing most of the way. That vette is super stable. Nice.

The fastest I ever got was 169 mph on the autobahn in Germany in a Porsche Panamera. It was a basic Panamera with only 300 HP. It took a couple of minutes with my foot literally on the floor to get to that speed. Going that fast was cool, but scary as crap. We were part of a group and the big thing was for everyone to at least get to 150 mph. It was frustrating because other cars would be in the left lane often and you'd have to slow down once you got close to 150 mph and it would take a long time and a lot of road to get back up to that speed. 200 mph?! No thanks, not unless it was on an airstrip or salt flats.

And why freeze the speedo at 200? Why not show what the real top end is? Perhaps he was 'clinching' or running out of road? :confused:
Looks like the whole intent was testing some sort of electronic tag system presumably to ensure the tag could be read electronically at high speeds. So 200mph is probably the fastest they would ever expect to see, and that is highly unlikely.

Back
Top Bottom