• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Guy goes by texas trooper @ 200 mph

Sounded like turbo...? I may be missing something, but from 160-200 it took a looooong time to wind out. For a car of that expense I expected more quickness, and more too end. (It was wound out) But I was totally impressed by the smoothness of the ride. At those speeds even apparently smooth roads beat the hell out of a car.
Fastest I've ever been is 197 on a bike. It takes about 30 seconds to get to 160-165 and then another 30 seconds to 1 min to get it topped out. I guess its wind resistance or something. Pretty smooth ride on a bike though but you get tunnel vision.

Not to hate...but it took nitrous to push it over 200mph... Though he was prolly using it to cool more than for power, that's some sustained push.
For those unaware, that stretch of road sees a LOT of rolling races (which is what Houston is famous for these days, the drags stay on the track for the most part). There are street driven cars there that will push 205-210, purpose built freeway racers. Pretty crazy folks.

Really nota domestic fan but that was awesome. Not much can beat that sound...On a side note I would own a Challenger SRT-8 but they are just WAY overpriced, even used, IMO. For the kind of money they are fetching it'd be a used M3 all day every day; the Challenger is a sweet ride but every time I get it one it just seems like they didn't finish tightening all the screws, like most domestic cars.

You sure that was a nitrous switch or stop switch for the speedo to lock the 200 mph on the digital screen. Cuz when he pushed the button the speedometer stopped and held 200.

Back
Top Bottom