• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Guy goes by texas trooper @ 200 mph

I wonder what its top speed would be without the spray?
Sounded like turbo...? I may be missing something, but from 160-200 it took a looooong time to wind out. For a car of that expense I expected more quickness, and more too end. (It was wound out) But I was totally impressed by the smoothness of the ride. At those speeds even apparently smooth roads beat the hell out of a car.

Last edited:
Sounded like turbo...? I may be missing something, but from 160-200 it took a looooong time to wind out. For a car of that expense I expected more quickness, and more too end. (It was wound out) But I was totally impressed by the smoothness of the ride. At those speeds even apparently smooth roads beat the hell out of a car.

It takes a massive amount of power to get to overcome drag at those speeds.

"I put 55 mph and 65 mph in this table to show why some people think that the 55 mph national speed limit saves gasoline. It only requires about 7 hp to overcome drag at 55 mph, while it requires almost 12 hp to overcome drag at 65. Fuel consumption is approximately proportional to horsepower expended.

More interesting to the racer is the fact that it takes 145 hp to overcome drag at 150 mph. We know that our Corvette example car has about 240 hp, so about 95 hp must be going into overcoming rolling resistance and the slight braking forces arising from internal friction in the drive train and wheel bearings. Race cars capable of going 200 mph usually have at least 650 hp, about 350 of which goes into overcoming air resistance. It is probably possible to go 200 mph with a car in the 450-500 hp range, but such a car would have very good aerodynamics; expensive, low-friction internal parts; and low rolling resistance tires, which are designed to have the smallest possible contact patch like high performance bicycle tires, and are therefore not good for handling".

Ya know, if that wasn't a closed course and I was running radar and he came by me that fast, I'd just wave lol. Ain't a hope in crap of catching his butt. That's one bad ride!
If it wasn't a closed course you could still go after him.... to pick up the pieces when he plowed into somebody else.

Back
Top Bottom