• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got a speeding ticket in the mail. Pay it or fight it?

I'd pay it and be done with it. It's a civil violation in Georgia and won't go on your driving record. If you go to court, you've lost a day's leave from work which I'm sure will cost you more than $80. If you don't pay it, they will send it to a collection agency and harm your credit. Just pay it and sell me a gun for $80 to get your money back! ;-)

Yeah it would cost me a lot more than $80 to fight it but I'm okay with that if I had a chance of winning. I'd rather take a day off work and even pay a lawyer a few hundred bucks to keep the state from profiting off of me.

Because active school zone is during drop off and pick up hours.
As a judge explained, the speed limit in a school zone is posted twice once for active drop off and pick up and one for after hours. After hours higher speed limit is also posted posted. Violate either one where cameras are located you LOSE. Ante up!!!!!

I think it's comical how many of you Ricky Bobbys are justifying speeding in a school zone.
Slow down d1ckheads!
And while you're at it, quit holding your phone in your hand and talking into it on speaker phone!
You look like an idiot and speeders are d1ckheads.

I think it's comical how many of you Ricky Bobbys are justifying speeding in a school zone.
Slow down d1ckheads!
And while you're at it, quit holding your phone in your hand and talking into it on speaker phone!
You look like an idiot and speeders are d1ckheads.
Dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

I agree, screw those private companies. I'd demand the private company show me their legal right to enforce laws and issue citations as if they are the police. ESPECIALLY if they are out of state. GA is notorious for implementing programs with out-of-state companies (mostly in Tennessee) that do crap like this.

Did ya'll know the "peach pass" is illegal? Taxpayer dollars paid to have those lanes put in and maintains the road conditions. But the state signed a deal with a TN private company to install/ monitor the cameras. So basically, we all pay for a road we can't use unless we pay ANOTHER fee. I've been driving in the peach pass lane for years. When I get tickets in the mail, I send them this information back and they never bother me.
Good to know. My wife went down the peach pass the other day and doesn’t have a sticker. I’ll have to remember this when we get the ticket.

A guy I work with got one, probably from the same camera. He fought it and they let him off with a warning but the next one he has to pay. Apparently they are putting a bunch of them in in that area. Many people are fighting the tickets.

Apparently I committed the heinous crime of doing 46 in a 35 through the city of Snellville. They claimed that it was a school zone but the ticket also said that the incident occurred at 12:10 p.m. which shouldn't have been an active school zone. It's only $80 and the ticket says that it won't be any points on my license. However I would be willing to miss a day of work and deal with the headache of going to a court date if I had a chance of beating it. Should I pay it and move on with my life or should I fight it?
$80.00 and no points is a bargain, pay the fine and drive on.

Just pay it. It usually double fines in school zone and you will have to pay court fees plus ticket if the judge is a rear end and if he is he can rack up all kinds of fees

Back
Top Bottom