• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suck it, Baltimore..

lostchild

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Protector of the 100 acre wood
68   0
Reaction score

Need ya back, letusbuyyourcar letusbuyyourcar Tell the ol’ lady y’all don’t have to evacuate that often.
I worked my ass off at IAP but I really didn't mind it at all. We stripped all that shipping plastic and wheel covers off the new cars. Acres and acres of ****in cars. But it was cool most of the time cause we were outside on both sides of Hwy 17 . And we were constantly seeing gators and Ospreys. Once them endangered birds made a nest on the light poles maintenance wasn't allowed to disturb them.
I have to say I enjoyed most of it. I did NOT like getting sent inside one of the buildings to processing. And stripping them cars in January with the ice on the plastic kinda sucked. But being able to ride all over that secured area and see all kinda crazy **** including new vehicles we can't even have over here was very cool.
Now as for the wife...she had more responsibility back there at WWL doing the PDI work on them new Subarus. And Subaru was a demanding client.I have to say she doesn't miss any of it. I miss the view from the Lanier bridge and along 17 and 95 South. I miss the Cypress Lounge in Darien etc.
However...I make literally twice the money I made there for almost half the hours. Don't get me wrong I'm still a poor from way back. But if I was single and knew of a room to rent I would damn sure consider it.
I saw the article about Colonel's Island booming like never before. I'm glad for them. I hope everyone there including the temps gets a bump in pay. Most of them deserve it.

Back
Top Bottom