• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got a speeding ticket in the mail. Pay it or fight it?

I got one years ago for running a red light at Scenic and 78. I said why did you send the ticket to me?? I wasn't driving and you have NO PROOF that I was. They had a photo of the rear of my car with tag number. I said I had it at the shop getting a brake job and the mechanic must have had it on a test drive. I NEVER paid them a cent.

Until GA goes to front vehicle plates where they get the plate AND your mugshot. These revenue scam traffic cameras are bogus.

I thought most communities pulled those stupid cameras after court challenges and basic public outrage. They are revenue generators, plain and simple.

That's why the smartened up and started putting them in school zones, "it's for the children".

I live next to the school where the first one in Clarke County was installed. I mean right across the street. In 25 years there hasn't been a single accident in that school zone - there are crossing guards there in the mornings and afternoons. But they have those cameras rolling, rolling.

Usually you can't speed during school hours anyway because the mommies have one lane of traffic blocked waiting to pick up their dear ones - but no one sees that as a problem.

I agree, screw those private companies. I'd demand the private company show me their legal right to enforce laws and issue citations as if they are the police. ESPECIALLY if they are out of state. GA is notorious for implementing programs with out-of-state companies (mostly in Tennessee) that do crap like this.

Did ya'll know the "peach pass" is illegal? Taxpayer dollars paid to have those lanes put in and maintains the road conditions. But the state signed a deal with a TN private company to install/ monitor the cameras. So basically, we all pay for a road we can't use unless we pay ANOTHER fee. I've been driving in the peach pass lane for years. When I get tickets in the mail, I send them this information back and they never bother me.

Gwinnett's tickets in school zones have been raking money in. One of the biggest ticket areas is the school zone in Beaver Ruin and the school off of Pleasant Hill before Northside Duluth. Doesn't matter who you are during the daytime. Had a fire apparatus operator get a ticket while in a fire engine last year. Wasn't a good look when the ticket came back to fleet services.

Back
Top Bottom