• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got a speeding ticket in the mail. Pay it or fight it?

Apparently I committed the heinous crime of doing 46 in a 35 through the city of Snellville. They claimed that it was a school zone but the ticket also said that the incident occurred at 12:10 p.m. which shouldn't have been an active school zone. It's only $80 and the ticket says that it won't be any points on my license. However I would be willing to miss a day of work and deal with the headache of going to a court date if I had a chance of beating it. Should I pay it and move on with my life or should I fight it?
I didn’t read all posts so not sure if this was mentioned. I got one in conyers a couple days after school was out. No flashing lights. There is a phone number to call. In conyers it’s not handled by the PD. I went there first. I called the number on the ticket and told them the situation. They trashed the ticket. Try calling first. It may save you some time

The school zone time range for the camera's is an hour before school starts and an hour after school is out. Basically 6:40am - 4:20pm

Pay it. it doesn't count toward points, and slow down next time. I got one too and called and asked detailed questions. You will loose if try to fight it.
The school speed limit is ONLY when lights are flashing on a day school is in session.

Back
Top Bottom