Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
275   0
Reaction score
Update 3:

There are quite a few folks who wanted to donate stuff but for one reason or another we weren't able to get together. During the giveaway tomorrow I will have a separate "User Giveaways" forum where you guys can post stuff to giveaway yourselves. Companies are also welcome to post giveaways as well.

The only catch is they can't have different requirements from the ODT giveaways as far as entry, it would just get too confusing if each giveaway had different requirements.

Update 2:

Just got back from Adventure Outdoors and they hooked us up! :D Got a huge discount on tons of cool stuff for the giveaway. I'll update the prize total below as soon as I can get it all together.

Update 1:

Giveaway Day is looking awesome so far! My goal is to make every prize something cool, and I think we'll come close to that. There will still be a few that aren't exciting for everyone but I think at least 80% of them will be things anyone would want. Average prize value is at $95 right now.

Should have everything by Friday afternoon/evening

I'll try to keep these stats updated:

We will have 54 total prizes

Prizes gotten so far: 26

Average Prize Value: $95

Prize Block Values so far: (Total value of prizes in each time block so far)

Morning (7-12) - $1,275

Afternoon (1-6) - $1,670

Evening (7-10) - $1,715

Total: $4,660!

Giveaway Day 2013!

Getting to be that time again! Giveaway Day will be Monday, May 13th this year.

If you have no idea what it is, Giveaway Day is just a day where we give prizes out every 15 minutes for the entire day!

What We Need:

We are looking for prize donations from companies or individuals. The goal this year is for each prize to have a value of at least $50 with a total prize pool of $4,000+. I've been squirreling away money every month and we have about $3000 to buy prizes with this year. If we get a lot of donated prizes that means the $3,000 can go towards a few big prizes, if we don't get a lot of donations that will be fine, we'll still have at least 55 prizes worth at least $50 each.

If you are interested in donating something please send me a PM and I'll give you a mailing address or we can try to arrange a meet.

Note: I do not accept ammo for Giveaway Day due to it being a pain in the butt to ship, if you'd like to donate ammo for the 2013 Meet-Up on June 8th I can give it away there, thanks!

Changes this year:

There will be one small change this year: All entrants must meet ONE of the following requirements to enter any giveaways:

* Be a Supporter (Click the tab at the top to become a supporter)

OR

* Have been a member for at least one year by May 13th.

OR

* Have 1,000 posts (Not spam!)

A few of the larger giveaways will be only for supporters but at least 50 of them will be available to anyone who meets at least one of these requirements.

This isn't anything against "noobs," it's just a way to be sure that prizes go to people who actually care about the site and support it with money or content.

Thanks!

Donated Prizes so far:

Received:

1. jclem02 - 4 Custom Paracord Slings, valued at $180
2. Hasselhoss - Galco Summer Comfort IWB Holster for Glock Sub-Compacts
3. Going Postal - Remington Bullet Knife & a M1 Carbine Mag
4. Sharpsburg - Psa 6 position stock, grip, and forend brand new
5. freedom - New in wrapper Pmag
6. Downsouthmach - 2oz of Silver
7. jeb770 - New in wrapper Pmag
8. captdave77 - $30 Gift Card to Taco Bell
9. Troy Brown - Matching Hi-Point C9's
10. fuelman1 -
Kershaw Drone folder, a CRKT Pazoda folder, and a Cold Steel Voyager Vaquero folder, Magpul PMAG
11. Nocman_2 - Uncle Mike's Holster, Leather Dual Mag Holster, hogue grip
12. thevalueman - 2 Mini 14 mags, 1 SR9 mag, 1 BX25 mag
13. nra2nd - 5 Glock 22 Mags
14. SMArmory - Lower Parts Kit
15. jmwalter - 3 SR9 10 rd mags
16. mpd3285 - 2 Insight HX150 Flashlights
17. AegisArmory - IWB holster for Glock 19/23
18. 1EDsson - AK74 Knife
19. Jackie Graham - Holster, sling, 1911 mag, AR mag
20. bigweave113 - Dry bag, Blackhawk Holster, Sling

You new guys are gonna love this! Last year was epic!

Hey OS, if I donate a Pmag, can THAT be considered $50 worth?

J/K, I'm all out of Pmags...

I've donated to both AR builds, but I'm sure I've got some more stuff I can scrounge...

I'm marking my calendar right now for the date!

Back
Top Bottom