• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fly Fishing Thread .....

My set up is : 10 ft 4 weight rod. Multi -Colored leader with tippet ring, tippet, then 2 nymphs and some split shot. Hold rod high and let nymphs drift. Fish tear it up.

My set up is : 10 ft 4 weight rod. Multi -Colored leader with tippet ring, tippet, then 2 nymphs and some split shot. Hold rod high and let nymphs drift. Fish tear it up.
How much total weight are you running? Flies and split shot?

How long is the leader and tippit? Is the fly line even in the water? If so, floating or sinking?

Total weight...2 Bead head Size 14 or 16 Nymphs, whatever your flavor. Split shot - I add until it sinks. Leader is 30 ft. 10ft of it is red / yellow. Like a strike indicator. Never use the fly line. Only the the colored leader and tippet with flies are in the water. I try to keep them tight and look like they are tumbling down stream.

Euro+Nymph+Rig+3+Final+500+x+750.jpg

Total weight...2 Bead head Size 14 or 16 Nymphs, whatever your flavor. Split shot - I add until it sinks. Leader is 30 ft. 10ft of it is red / yellow. Like a strike indicator. Never use the fly line. Only the the colored leader and tippet with flies are in the water. I try to keep them tight and look like they are tumbling down stream.

ok question....... why 2 different colored leaders? why not fluorocarbon ?
i try to watch all your posts 10th. all good stuff bro.

ok question....... why 2 different colored leaders? why not fluorocarbon ?
i try to watch all your posts 10th. all good stuff bro.
2 different colors so I can see a strike, its just a easy way to see if one is on. You cant miss it. PLUS I use it for depth. ( but that's just my recipe) I am sure you could make it anyway you want.

Back
Top Bottom