• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fly Fishing Thread .....

I just picked up on this thread.....I have a bunch of fly rods and reels(from my dad).....Winstons to Sages....Orivs....even have a Fin-Nor reel...or 2....weights range between 4 and 12....is there interest out there....not going to give them away, and that's why they are still here, however I will give folks a good deal....I understand the market, and am not unrealistic.....if there is interest, I'll post some photo's

Head up to Brevard NC and get your license. If you already have it then head toward Cashiers on Highway 64. At Rosman turn right and go up 215 till you come to a bridge on your left. Park on the other side of the bridge. Then get out of your car and start walking down the gorge. If your lucky you will come out on Hwy 64 on a Sunday night. Hopefully you made arrangements for someone to pick you up. It’s two hours back to Atlanta, but who cares it’s dark and you’ve got a creel full of native browns, rainbows and brook trout. The only other recommendation I would make is go to Fontana Lake and either rent a boat or have someone drop you off just below Hazel Creek. You will be in National Geographic Territory but the fishing is worth it. I was hiking between rivers when I sat back and watched a Russian Boar and a 400 pound sow bear go at it. The fishing is good on the Jacks but it’s hell to get to. I had just come home from VietNam the first time I fished there and it scared the **** out of me.

I love old Winstons. Send me a PM !! ( I have a buddy who is new to Fly fishing and I would love to gift him a Winston)
Hey I am interested also. Probably a 7 or 8 foot rod and a good reel all at a good price. I am too old to go back in the woods anymore but I sure can hit the hooch. We moved a year ago and the College Hunks broke and busted all my rods and smashed all my reels. So all I have left is a box of flies. Let me know what you have. I would like to come by and see them.

66FC4842-3D8B-4A61-9066-8A4918FB11A4.jpeg
Euro nymphing is so sweet.

Back
Top Bottom