• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fly Fishing Thread .....

Question for you guys who wade with felt boots. How long do you use the same pair? I started slipping and sliding yesterday a bit and was wondering when the felt wears out. ( I may put the studs in)

Question for you guys who wade with felt boots. How long do you use the same pair? I started slipping and sliding yesterday a bit and was wondering when the felt wears out. ( I may put the studs in)

if your on rocks the studs will send you face planting. love my felts. i get 5 to 10 seasons out of mine
with no problems. will not own a pair thats not felt.

So after several years of not fishing, like 6 or 7 I've been invited to go fish on a private steam in north Georgia. I am assuming my flies will be ok, by waders are probably going to leak and my fly line and backing are shot.

Do you guys that do this regular agree with the above. Assuming so, do you have recommendations for gear that is not cheap crap that doesn't break the bank. To put in prospective, I have a TFO rod and Simms light weight waders.

Not sure this will be a renewed hobby but I hope so. My kids are still to little to take.

TIA

Save some money. Get in the shower or bath with your waders and see if they leak. Sounds Nutty. As far as fly line, clean it! Tie one end to your mail box or deck railing. Let it all out and use a cloth with soap and water and clean the line. Reel in as you clean. Then Cast it. Cast it again.

Haven't been on ODT long, but don't know how I missed this thread. Avid fly fisherman here as well, and my tying has been put on the back burner as I picked up AR assembling and now reloading. Spent a lot of time on the tailwater and in NC, so glad to answer any questions. Will even share secrets of the Hooch (there are no secrets) and always glad to help folks out.

10th Mountain - I wonder if I know you? My screen name would be a dead give away, and I have a family member that spent a lot of time in the 10th Mountain. Small world

I really like the Cabelas brand wading boots. I feel I get a ton of value for my money.

yes you do. i dont know who makes them but i see no damn reason
to spend more money any other brand. boots and waders actually.
one can get serious water time with both for yrs. thing is, one does
have to take care of their gear just like anything else.

Back
Top Bottom