Factory Five 33 Hot Rod

Do you have any idea how many hours you have into this so far??

No but I'm sure they match the dollars I have in her....Actually Factory Five says it takes about 300 but my guess is probably 4-500 maybe, but they are hours that I block everything else out. Sorta my Zen thing

Did a ground up restoration on a Morgan Plus 8 a few years back. Kept all the reciepts in a folder, but have never had the nerve to add them up.

Did a ground up restoration on a Morgan Plus 8 a few years back. Kept all the reciepts in a folder, but have never had the nerve to add them up.

I have every receipt also in a folder, maybe some day I'll run a tally. Also have a folder for the 64 Fairlane but that one I'm keeping an eye on, she has a budget whereas the 33 does not.

I bet Morgan parts ain't cheap or easy to find............

Sometimes you make a mistake that won't really affect anything in the long run but I had one that really bothered me. Even though I am planning on some polished covers for my door striker bolts the drivers door hole had become a little large with the several month struggle I had making that door work perfectly. Note the size difference between sides. . So last Sunday morning I decided to fix it. Three layers of glass mat on the inside then three layers cut to fit the hole, some filler, primer and paint.
It was the only mistake (and there have been many) that I had not addressed yet. I just couldn't let it go even though it would have been covered.

Just trying to get ready for final assembly, parts and tools everywhere. I had a full page list of things to do while the body was off. I plan on adding the orange stripe after the car is assembled so that I can get it straight with the hood and doors mounted. Sorry for the mess but things are really tight in a two car garage.

Back
Top Bottom