Factory Five 33 Hot Rod

Boz1911

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
404   0
Reaction score
Well I pulled the trigger last week and ordered a Factory Five 33 Ford Hot Rod. Won't arrive until mid-late July but in the meantime I can be gathering up drivetrain and misc components. I was all over the place as far as a drivetrain choice. Thought about the reliable and easy small block Chevy, the new Coyote Ford engine, an LS-3 ( carbureted) and the small block Ford. I finally decided on the small block Ford for a couple of reasons. One it'll be a Ford in a Ford, two, the engine just looks good, and three, parts and horsepower are relatively cheap. I was considering a crate engine, but since I have some time, I decided to build my own stroker motor. Friday I bought a wrecked Bronco with a fresh 351w engine that was going to be the base for my stroker project but then I ran into a deal on CL that peaked my interest. So this afternoon I picked up a package of goodies that includes a fully prepped 30 over block with a stud girdle installed, complete Comp cams hydraulic roller package (on the radical side), Ford racing valve covers and timing set. And last but not least a set of AFR aluminum heads.

P6020026.jpg Here's a pic of some of the goodies, couldn't unload the block until I get some help.

look forward to seeing the build pictures and a final drive video
That's the plan for this thread, may be a long (time wise) thread. Hope to bounce ideas and problems off some of the gearheads on here. Used to race a Chevy Super gas car may years ago but this is my very first Ford project.

Don't know why I can't get pics to load but the manual arrived the other day. 680 pages worth!! Also ordered the rotating assembly for the block I have, all forged goodies !!

Back
Top Bottom