• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Factory Five 33 Hot Rod

Guess nobody thought my 1960 12v portable TV upgrade was funny..............Anyway heres a pic of the trunk reinforcement for the latch. Just 1/2 angle with a 3/8 box piece tying in the trunk floor, 1/2 angle and the lower section of the latch. Between the trunk glass and the upper part of the latch I added a 17-18 inch piece of 1/8" flat stock. I know I'll have to drill the rivets out to remove the latch prior to removing the body which is why I just used 1/8 rivets for now. I'll reinstall with 3/16 rivets. I plan on adding some more of the channel stock from the box outward when I remove the tailpipes.

Since I will be running this car as a hardtop or a roadster and the top is pretty awkward to handle.
Top removal tool:

Now just gotta move the car to mount to the ceiling. I used 3/4 black pipe and some threaded eye bolts. Allows me to move the hoist a few feet side to side.

Last edited:
Top removal hoist installed.

PC250005.jpg

Now just need the correct extension cord and a good way to strap the top.

Well everything but the body (most of it though) is finally sanded inside and out. Went ahead and installed the seat belts today and did some cleaning up. Since I got my new buffer every stainless bolt now gets polished before reassembly. Next step is to prime everything and do a final fit, then off with the body and get it primed and painted.

Well decided to purchase some aluminum and a brake to make some needed components for the rod. I spent over an hour looking for aluminum yesterday. You would think as big as Atlanta is everyone would have some. Not! Then a flashbulb went off and I remembered we had an aircraft supply place here in town, Aircraft spruce and specialty. Alas they had everything I needed plus a host of other goodies that will be useful. To top it off they're not five minutes from my house. Made a couple of heat shields for the mufflers to get my feet wet. I polished the muffler side of these as the floorboards get super hot, I hope these help some.

Spent the last few days remaking my battery cables. I have three hot cables, one from battery to master switch, one from switch to solenoid, one from solenoid to starter. I used welding cable and solid copper lugs. Got some nice heat shrink from aircraft supply that dressed them all up pretty. With our cold azz weather lately looks there has been no hope of shooting any primer so I started on my console and working on ideas for the console. Got the storage area under the armrest laid out and in place, now to do from there forward, just got to have a cup holder or two.
thefactoryfiveforum.com_images_smilies_wink.png

Back
Top Bottom