• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Factory Five 33 Hot Rod

A week or so ago I was planning on some neighborhood driving to do some shakedown but before I got out of the driveway I realized several issues that have now been addressed.
First: The car seemed to low and my driveway is pretty steep so I adjusted the ride height 1.25 inches above what the manual shows. My biggest concern is my oil pan hangs an inch or so below the frame.
Second: The go and whoa pedals were too close, when I went to apply the brakes my fat foot was hitting the go pedal. A new lower and further right bracket for the go pedal solved that problem.
Third: The car is hard to see out of and I had no outside mirrors so I added these for now.. I may change the brackets but for now they'll suffice.
Fourth: The drivers door was very difficult to open from the inside. After securing everything and readjusting for the 500th time the door fits and opens with just a finger.

Perhaps if this weekend is nice I'll move the Fairlane and do a little neighborhood terrorizing.

A week or so ago I was planning on some neighborhood driving to do some shakedown but before I got out of the driveway I realized several issues that have now been addressed.
First: The car seemed to low and my driveway is pretty steep so I adjusted the ride height 1.25 inches above what the manual shows. My biggest concern is my oil pan hangs an inch or so below the frame.
Second: The go and whoa pedals were too close, when I went to apply the brakes my fat foot was hitting the go pedal. A new lower and further right bracket for the go pedal solved that problem.
Third: The car is hard to see out of and I had no outside mirrors so I added these for now.. I may change the brackets but for now they'll suffice.
Fourth: The drivers door was very difficult to open from the inside. After securing everything and readjusting for the 500th time the door fits and opens with just a finger.

Perhaps if this weekend is nice I'll move the Fairlane and do a little neighborhood terrorizing.

Sunday will be perfect for cruising! Looking great...can't wait to see it painted and ready for the car shows this summer!

Congrats on the ride. I'm sure the grin on yor face is going to last a while.
Bet it won't be long now before a burnout videos up lol
Thanks for sharing

Back
Top Bottom